Aftermarket Tow Bar

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
j11sty

Post by j11sty »

Is there a detachable tow bar recommended for a Grandland X?
Also when it is detached is the rest of the tow bar visible below the bumper?
2020 1.5D Grandland X

John12b

Post by John12b »

I've got the brink tow bar fitted,as I have a power tailgate .Other makes may not fit as the fitter found out (cost £ 650 ) You can't see anything of the tow bar once the tow ball is removed
Grandland x sports nav 1.5 diesel
Luka07

Post by Luka07 »

Here, just a few days ago, I installed a detachable tow bar on my GLX. When you connect the trailer or electricity, the trunk cannot be opened, only manually (only in the case of electric trunk opening. It is installed in an authorized OPEL service and a small piece of plastic is removed from the bottom, so it is not visible that there is a hook at all. Lower the connector put the hook on the magnet and turn the switch.The brand of the whole set is BRiNK. Ill send you few pics later.

brink.jpg

j11sty

Post by j11sty »

Luka07 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:31 pm Here, just a few days ago, I installed a detachable tow bar on my GLX. When you connect the trailer or electricity, the trunk cannot be opened, only manually (only in the case of electric trunk opening. It is installed in an authorized OPEL service and a small piece of plastic is removed from the bottom, so it is not visible that there is a hook at all. Lower the connector put the hook on the magnet and turn the switch.The brand of the whole set is BRiNK. Ill send you few pics later.brink.jpg
Brilliant thanks!
2020 1.5D Grandland X
Luka07

Post by Luka07 »

Here take a look.The hook just plugs in and the power connector slides down.

brucey

Post by brucey »

Hello everyone, would like to fit a towbar on my Hybrid4, for carrying bikes, anyone else have one fitted? The Hybrid needs a special fitting apparently...
-
Grandland Ultimate Nav 2020 Hybrid 4 :x