ANNOYING RATTLE.

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
busabliss

Post by busabliss »

So, when I am driving along, I get an annoying rattle from the rear, sounds like parcel shelf, seat, boot floor, but I just can't trace it. Any ideas?

Parkman

Post by Parkman »

Try checking the rear seatbelts.
I found that if mine had been left at the side of the seat, I.e. off the seatback, the buckle rattled slightly against the harder material.
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

I had something similar. Rear nearside and it was the plastic panel where the seatbelt goes through. It had slightly loosend. Also xheck the headrests they can move inside the holders.
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

Do you have the panoramic sunroof? Someone else on here had an issue with one of the runners for the blind being loose.
Possibility if you have it...
Grandland X | 1.2 Manual | Topaz Blue
busabliss

Post by busabliss »

No sunroof...
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

I would be interested to know if you got to the bottom of this noise? I am experiencing the occasional but noticeable muffled knock sound when I go over road bumps. It sounds as you say like the flex floor knocking, but sometimes it feels closer to me. After some trial and error I found removing the plastic cover of the jack tool kit inside the spare wheel seemed to help... However I can't help but think it may be suspension related. It's not that annoying but with the radio off and the car being so quiet, it is noticeable on side roads. I think someone mentioned the plastic covers under the car could be the culprit? It's a fairly dull hollow sound, usually accompanying bigger road bumps and when turning.
aureldelic

Post by aureldelic »

I had the same problem, I tried figuring it out but with no luck on my own.
In the end I took the car to the dealer, they checked and tightened everything, since then no rattle anymore...
Opel Grandland X, Ultimate + sunroof + alarm, Topaz Blue, 1.6T petrol
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Hi. I too have the same annoying rattle. It sounds like it comes from the nearside rear. I have checked the boot compartment, spare wheel area etc but just cannot find anything thats loose.
I always check the metal clasp on the seatbelt isnt resting on the side panel.
The knocking sound is louder when the weather is warmer, but bumpy roads, potholes etc make it worse. I didnt have this noise when i first took delivery of the car, it seems to have appeared since the vehicle has been driven. And its so annoying, and embarrassing when you have friends and family in the vehicle who can hear it.
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

Andy, did you get to the bottom of your noise? I havent had chance to visit a dealer but I think its more of a rattle that follows bumps. Could be some cover or similar so keen to know if others have encountered it and managed to solve it.
Simon
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Midinotes and all, the answer is a big NO !! I cannot find this annoying rattle. It doesnt happen on the motorway, just over bumps and rougher roads. I have driven around with a person sitting in the back with the rear seats down in the hope they could pinpoint the noise, but to no avail. It seems to be coming from the nearside rear, but exact point, i have no idea.To be truthful, ive just given up on the car. I have had stop/start issues from the beginning and now this most annoying rattle. I dont want to take it back to the dealer for this rattle as they will probably just drive around in the car for a few miles and then say they cant hear anything.
Please, if you do pinpoint your rattle, let us all know, i would be interested in what causes this.
Andy
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018