ANNOYING RATTLE.

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
stewaje

Post by stewaje »

I too have the same annoying rattle in the rear that only happens on rough roads....really starting to drive me nuts.
I've taken everything out of boot...folded rear seats down...parcel shelf out and it still happens.
Love the car....hate the noise !!....turning up the radio helps though :lol:

Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

I was considering adding some extra soundproofing in the boot, maybe a sheet of sound deadening foam or matting to the floor. Could be an inexpensive solution? 😀
colandy

Post by colandy »

I have a 2019 registered Elite and I too have noticed this rattle develop and get louder over last 2 or 3 weeks .I Took delivery of car in February and for first 3 months or so no noise and now its started near side rear like others reported. My wife says when shes sitting in back it sounds like its coming from boot or to her left side in corner . ive tried all sorts on all trim in the general area with tape or with cushioned felt like whats on furniture feet at joints all to no avail I cannot get to bottom of it.. Only happens on rough roads and side roads and is not noticeable on motorways etc surely someone has found out what causes this its driving me mad .. please post solutions
Paul1

Post by Paul1 »

I had one on my 18 plate same area and seems to have been rear seat.i have put some sellotape round the catch and shut seat back and seems to have worked
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

I had this on the rear nearside when I first got the car. For me it is the plastic trim in the boot just under the parcel shelf beside the rear seat. The bit with the vents. I stuck a piece of cloth in the inside of the trim. Never heard it again.
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
nallen132

Post by nallen132 »

I had an annoying ratttle really hard to trace , dealer traced it to a worn antiroll bush and replaced it under warranty
colandy

Post by colandy »

Nallen ? was you rattle at rear passenger side .. as id have though any roll bush noise issue would be at front of car ? please confirm
colandy

Post by colandy »

Marc C where did you jam the cloth was it between the trim with vents and trim above it or was it between trim with vents and actual seat ref Paul1 solution Ive driven with rear seat down and can still hear same noise so cannot see how it could be catch
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

colandy wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:38 am Marc C where did you jam the cloth was it between the trim with vents and trim above it or was it between trim with vents and actual seat ref Paul1 solution Ive driven with rear seat down and can still hear same noise so cannot see how it could be catch
Just at the back of the trim roughly at the vents. I used a big micro fibre cloth easing the door rubber off and then pulling the plastic panel open abit stuffing in the cloth.

I took it out about a year ago and I have had no noise since.

Mark

20210614_144419.jpg

Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
colandy

Post by colandy »

is that the cloth i can see through the vent so its actually behind the trim .
do you mean you actually took the back door rubber seal off

it looks like i can force a microcloth through the seat catch gap and feed it behind the vents i will send pictures also

pictures sent
did you remove full passenger rear door seal shown in my last picture and prize trim open
if no what door seal ?
if yes
would feeding it through door catch as shown result in getting cloth to same place you had it or did yours cushion a much bigger area with the cloth

IMG_8854.JPG

IMG_8853.JPG

IMG_8852.JPG

Last edited by colandy on Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.