Steering wheel. Grandland X

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Hi all. Only bought the car in May and the steering wheel leather was peeling. Think this is due to the heated steering wheel this car has and the previous owner being mard and the need to use it. (No idea why, how cold do some people think a wheel gets) ….anyway. I filled this in using a steering wheel repair kit from Amazon which hasn’t worked and it’s beginning to wear off because it’s not very good. Anyone else has this issue with theirs, and if so how was it rectified as a permanent fix? It’s doing my head in now as I can feel it on my hands. Thanks in advance.

IMG_0768.jpeg

IMG_0767.jpeg

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hey PeteW.

The steering wheel is peeling due to the antibacterial gel people used during covid which damages the leather other members reported this issue aswell.
You might be able to get the steering wheel retrimmed or get a cover if not I am afraid it would be a new steering wheel.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Hey GrandlandX68. Thanks for the info, wasn’t aware antibacterial gel would have been the culprit. Any ideas on who would re-trim a steering wheel? Or is this a Google search? I’ll do that anyway. Don’t fancy a cover, we left the 1970’s 50 years ago. 😂
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

PeteW wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:24 pm Hey GrandlandX68. Thanks for the info, wasn’t aware antibacterial gel would have been the culprit. Any ideas on who would re-trim a steering wheel? Or is this a Google search? I’ll do that anyway. Don’t fancy a cover, we left the 1970’s 50 years ago. 😂
No problem I dont think anyone was aware it would have done it. I am not sure I am afraid it would be a google search for repairing it. The only other option is to try Ebay for a used one in better condition.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:32 pm
PeteW wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:24 pm Hey GrandlandX68. Thanks for the info, wasn’t aware antibacterial gel would have been the culprit. Any ideas on who would re-trim a steering wheel? Or is this a Google search? I’ll do that anyway. Don’t fancy a cover, we left the 1970’s 50 years ago. 😂
No problem I dont think anyone was aware it would have done it. I am not sure I am afraid it would be a google search for repairing it. The only other option is to try Ebay for a used one in better condition.
Looked at some covers…. They’ve improved since the 1970’s furry pink ones. The ones now you actually sow over the top. Not sure I’ve the capability to do this, so will try and talk the wife around to do it for me if I buy one. They do look really decent too. 👍
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

PeteW wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:57 am
GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:32 pm
Looked at some covers…. They’ve improved since the 1970’s furry pink ones. The ones now you actually sow over the top. Not sure I’ve the capability to do this, so will try and talk the wife around to do it for me if I buy one. They do look really decent too. 👍
Ah ok 🤣 Yh have a look around if you dont want a cover you might want to look on Ebay they dont look too expensive for a used one in good condition.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post