Keyless fobs.

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Hi all.

I have two keyless car fobs but only I use the car so the dilemma I have is. Do I alternate the two fobs day weekly, so they don’t unpair, or do I just put one away as a spare? If so will it just reactive itself on pressing the button on the fob or would I have to repair it again after so long? I’ve heard it’s 21 days inactive turns it off. If that’s the case and I needed to reactive it how would I do that?

Car is the Grandland X Elite with Snow Pack.

Thanks.

ianwat23

Post by ianwat23 »

I’ve had my car almost 3 years now and I only ever use the same key. I just checked the spare and it works just as good as the key I always use.
I’ve never heard of the remote needing to be used regularly just to keep its code.
Hope this helps
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Brill. Thanks for that ianwat23. Good to know. So much information out there, that isn’t always correct. 👍
daveb1089

Post by daveb1089 »

Hi, I keep my 2nd key purely as a spare, (unless my active fob is upstairs and I need something from the car). I decided to change the battery in the spare fob and went out to try it and it wouldn’t work. As it happened, an RAC man was over the road and I asked his advice. He took the fob off me and said stand out of range with the active fob (a couple of metres) and then took the manual key out of the fob and did a bit of ‘jiggery pokery’’ with it in the door lock, which in turn set the alarm going and then just stopped the alarm with the fob. Tested it a couple of times and all good to go. I’m not sure if there is a standard procedure for a battery change in the fobs, but at least they both work now.
Grandland X 1.2 20 (70) Elite Nav Premium Turbo, LED Headlights, 8 Speed Gearbox. Moon Roof 19” wheels, Folding/Dipping Door Mirrors, Heated and Ventilated Leather Seats, Heated Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel. Foot-kicker Boot Opener, Blue
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Thanks Dave. Seems to be a bit different for everyone then. What I was told also was if it doesn’t work you rest it against the stop / start button when you press for ignition on and it then wakes it up. I’ve not tried this as I feel it’s boll*** but there is so much different information and the manual doesn’t tell you anything. I’m hoping if and when the time comes it’s as Ianwat said and it’ll just work again on pressing the buttons.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post