MY22 GRANDLAND ELITE MODEL

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Post Reply
nickg1978
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:36 am

Post by nickg1978 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:43 am

Hi all,,

New to the forum so forgive me if this has been asked already.

i picked up my new grandland elitle 1.2 petrol manual 3 days ago, and i am having serious issues with the cars wifi system.

it will not connect to any wifi system home or apple/ samsung mobile data so cant seem to do much with the sat nav system.

also seems no speed camera warnings or live updates and yet it shows as active on vauxhall webiste ?

The car is missing vauxhall connect and the e button is missing too, vauxhall say thats why the system does not have vauxhall connect ?

Also missing rear usb ports which is a pain but not omg ,

Hill assist don;t work nearly had a heart attack when the car stopped and rolled backwards grrr and yes its switched on.

The car is showing on vauxhall as a grandland x model under the vin number and vauxhall can;t explain why this is when its clearly a 22 plate new model ,

Has anyone else had this issues and any advice about the sat nav as i need to use live updates with traffic and be able to connect the system to the wifi and it keeps saying enter network key and i have used 3 different systems nothing works

thanks all, and again sorry if this has been asked imm still learning how to use the forum.

GRANDLANDX68
Posts: 912
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:53 pm

Post by GRANDLANDX68 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:12 pm

nickg1978 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:43 am
Hi all,,

New to the forum so forgive me if this has been asked already.

i picked up my new grandland elitle 1.2 petrol manual 3 days ago, and i am having serious issues with the cars wifi system.

it will not connect to any wifi system home or apple/ samsung mobile data so cant seem to do much with the sat nav system.

also seems no speed camera warnings or live updates and yet it shows as active on vauxhall webiste ?

The car is missing vauxhall connect and the e button is missing too, vauxhall say thats why the system does not have vauxhall connect ?

Also missing rear usb ports which is a pain but not omg ,

Hill assist don;t work nearly had a heart attack when the car stopped and rolled backwards grrr and yes its switched on.

The car is showing on vauxhall as a grandland x model under the vin number and vauxhall can;t explain why this is when its clearly a 22 plate new model ,

Has anyone else had this issues and any advice about the sat nav as i need to use live updates with traffic and be able to connect the system to the wifi and it keeps saying enter network key and i have used 3 different systems nothing works

thanks all, and again sorry if this has been asked imm still learning how to use the forum.

Hi nickg1978 and Welcome to the forum

Have you made sure that the Bluetooth tethering on your phone is on as your speed camera live updates etc wont work without this being activated.
Have you checked with your phone connected etc it shows sharing internet connection on the Nav Screen?
Hill assist on my Grandland X 68 plate is great. If yours is not working it may be a fault. If your not happy take it back to the dealership and get them to test it as its only 3 days old.
Hope this is some help.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

nickg1978
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:36 am

Post by nickg1978 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:40 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome and reply.

Bluetooth all connected fine but no Internet it just won't work at all, no mobile data hotspot from.my phone to the system it won't connect at all.

GRANDLANDX68
Posts: 912
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:53 pm

Post by GRANDLANDX68 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:10 pm

nickg1978 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:40 pm
Hi,

Thanks for the welcome and reply.

Bluetooth all connected fine but no Internet it just won't work at all, no mobile data hotspot from.my phone to the system it won't connect at all.
Just want to check you have you enabled the separate Bluetooth Tethering option? as this makes the internet connection to be used.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

nickg1978
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:36 am

Post by nickg1978 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:53 pm

it does not give me a 2nd option ? just shows as grandland on bluetooth accept audio, calls and texts, nothing else?

am i missing something,

i know the connect box is missing and the e call system is missing, don;t know if that affects it

GRANDLANDX68
Posts: 912
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:53 pm

Post by GRANDLANDX68 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:30 am

nickg1978 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:53 pm
it does not give me a 2nd option ? just shows as grandland on bluetooth accept audio, calls and texts, nothing else?

am i missing something,

i know the connect box is missing and the e call system is missing, don;t know if that affects it

The Bluetooth list under the name of your phone on the nav screen where it says audio calls etc does it say something like internet connection?

It may affect this. On your phone in settings it should have something like Hotspot and Tethering which is normally under network and internet this should then show Bluetooth tethering .
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

nickg1978
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:36 am

Post by nickg1978 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:27 am

thank you, got it, after alot of playing around, it seems the issue was my phone settings was switched off for mobile data via bluetooth, as past cars have just used the phones wifi to connect, but at least now tom tom is showing at the bottom of the cars sat nav, i will test this later.

now to figure out how to get speed camera warnings lol but more important how to make the sat nav screen bigger as its only about 7 inches and pictures show it will cover the whole screen, i have read the manual which really don;t help lol

on the plus side was amazed at the led pixel headlights last night doing a dance when i unlocked the car, looks cool

GRANDLANDX68
Posts: 912
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:53 pm

Post by GRANDLANDX68 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:19 pm

👍🏻 Good to hear it works now.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

Post Reply

  • You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post