Roof bars with panoramic roof

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Groovyblues

Post by Groovyblues »

We are off camping next week, I haven’t yet fit a towbar to the car. Has anyone got a roof rack on their Grandland with a glass panoramic roof? I don’t have rails, and Halfords said they wouldn’t fit it to my car and they wouldn’t recommend fitting one my self either. Went to Vauxhall on Saturday, sales team were not in, so couldn’t get the answer I wanted.

I’m hoping there is at least one person here who has a pano roof with no rails and successfully have roof bars and box installed? Not sure of weight limit of glass roof either. Can anyone help with these questions?

Much appreciated.

GBlues

jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

Nothing in the cars manual or the roof bar manual says you can't. Looking at the roof bars it looks like the fittings won't touch the the glass
Groovyblues

Post by Groovyblues »

You’re right it doesn’t state not to. Which is why I was confused when Halfords said what they said. Perhaps they’ve damaged a few customers roofs whilst fitting them? It wouldn’t surprise me.
So the feet will sit on the steel beams on the outside of the glass panel?

Thanks for the reply.
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

I asked for this option when I bought my car, they ordered the roof bars but showed me that they wouldn't fit when I collected the car so I would say nope.
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
MrH

Post by MrH »

Hey guys,

Hoping for some advice please. I've got a 2019 Grandland X elite nav with a panoramic roof. I'm looking to fit roof bars to it, but I'm unsure of the correct bolts to use with the holes in the roof arch. I've tried generic thread sizes but they don't seem to want to go in cleanly. Anyone know if they're a specific vauxhall type?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Matt
MrH

Post by MrH »

Hi

Probably a bit late as you've already been camping!
I'm in the same predicament with the panoramic roof and no rails. I've bought some universal bars that I'm adapting to fit on the steel arches of the roof. Did you get anywhere with this? I'm stuggling to find the right bolts.