Please Help!!!!!

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
SarahG16

Post by SarahG16 »

I am beyond stressed and need some help/ advice

My oil light came on so I took it to Arnold Clark who I have a service plan with, they checked the oil and said it was fine (it was low and I have picture as proof) and sent me on my way.

I broken down later that same day with ‘Engine failure repair needed’ message displaying …

There has been a lot of back and forth complaining to customer services etc but basically now they are saying my 2018 Vauxhall Grandland X is needed a whole new Engine!! And have quoted me £6,500!!!! The car is on pcp and contract due to end next November in which we would take out a new deal. We’ve only done 40,000 miles on the car and have it serviced through Vauxhall Arnold Clark. We CANNOT afford to pay this! Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks -

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hello SarahG16 and welcome to the forum.
Sorry to hear the issues you are having.
If you feel you are getting no where with the dealership or Vauxhall Customer service then your best option is to contact the Vauxhall CEO office and explain the situation.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
SarahG16

Post by SarahG16 »

Thank you, I am currently waiting on them processing the claim and waiting to hear if they will help but been told they will only cover part of the cost… honestly ridiculous been without a car for almost a month now with a 2 year old taxi’s and buses everywhere will never go back to Arnold clark again!
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Ok. Please keep us informed.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob »

SarahG16 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:01 pm I am beyond stressed and need some help/ advice

My oil light came on so I took it to Arnold Clark who I have a service plan with, they checked the oil and said it was fine (it was low and I have picture as proof) and sent me on my way.

I broken down later that same day with ‘Engine failure repair needed’ message displaying …

There has been a lot of back and forth complaining to customer services etc but basically now they are saying my 2018 Vauxhall Grandland X is needed a whole new Engine!! And have quoted me £6,500!!!! The car is on pcp and contract due to end next November in which we would take out a new deal. We’ve only done 40,000 miles on the car and have it serviced through Vauxhall Arnold Clark. We CANNOT afford to pay this! Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks -
I think the key point here is an element of liability, the fact that you had an oil warning light and they stated oil was fine even though it was low, should have rang alarm bells due to potential issues with the Puretech engine engine. It sounds like you were sent on your way to make a bad situation worse...

The fact you have main dealer service history is a massive tick in your favour, as is the fact you alerted them to an issue that they failed to investigate further other than checking the oil level. I would have hopped they would have also checked the wet belt at the same time...

Fingers crossed you get it sorted without having a bill to pay.
2021B Grandland X Elite NAV