Ordered Grandland Elite

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Rossvaldo

Post by Rossvaldo » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:17 am

I haven't heard any updates yet. My account on the motability forum still says Grandland Elite and deposit of £499.

pauldddo

Post by pauldddo » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:47 pm

I ordered a petrol engined grandland elite mid October 2021 under the motorbility scheme. I don't see the point in chasing up the dealer as in the end they're a custom waiting on cars as they can't make any money or get sals bonuses until vauxhall give them the car. . The salesman said that he checks out his list when it comes out which only give him about 5 weeks notice and he rings his customers as soon as the informationis available.
I phoned up vauxhall customers services and after being fed a load of rubbish unbelievably she said that she would "ring up the dealer to see if they had a update on the delivery date" I said that you make the cars you tell the dealers when they get the cars, she still rang the dealer . I know there are shortages but vauxhall customer services have been rubbish.
I was originally give march April delivery date then may now I have no expectation of seeing a car this year.
This was going to be my first car on the motorbility and the original dates would have been OK as my cars mot ran out in May I had started getting computer and wiring faults and my new car would have arrive before i needed to scrap the old car. I still needed to scrap the car so was without a car and was forced to buy something cheap to get me back on the road

pauldddo

Post by pauldddo » Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:53 pm

I order a grandland 1.2 turbo ultimate 5dAt on motorbility 20th October 2021with £1449 upfront cost . I just got a new lot of paperwork come through and they've put £2899 down as the upfront cost I spoke to motorbility and they've confirmed that I won't have my upfront cost increased it's fixed at the original £1449 price so if you do get one of these letters Don't worry get in touch with motorbility and let them know.
The bad bit of news is that I might not see my new car until the new year 14 ot 15 months after my order

Rossvaldo

Post by Rossvaldo » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:52 pm

jordan681 wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:12 pm
Hi, had an update on my order, it has been amended to a Grandland Ultimate, however, no one can say if my advance payment will change.

I have said that due to the order changing through no fault of mine, I will not pay more than I was originally quoted. As Vauxhall should not have accepted my order knowing the vehicle spec levels were changing 2 weeks after I placed my order.

Has anyone else had this..?
I've just had this too. Got a letter this morning from Motabilty saying I'm now getting the Ultimate and my advance payment is now £1799. Phoned Vauxhall and they confirmed the upgrade and said I had a price guarantee so my original AP of £499 stays the same.

nickg1978

Post by nickg1978 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:01 pm

i picked up a grandland elite this week,

it is missing things for sure,
so far i have found the following issues,

No red button ( sos)
no vauxhall connect system ( been removed)
No rear usb connections,

another interesting point is the grandland is reg as a grandland x on the vin which has also caused some issues and i am waiting for vauxhall to get back to me about this.

I know someone that had the electric tailgate missing and was upgraded to the ultimate free

jordan681

Post by jordan681 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:17 pm

Rossvaldo wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:52 pm
jordan681 wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:12 pm
Hi, had an update on my order, it has been amended to a Grandland Ultimate, however, no one can say if my advance payment will change.

I have said that due to the order changing through no fault of mine, I will not pay more than I was originally quoted. As Vauxhall should not have accepted my order knowing the vehicle spec levels were changing 2 weeks after I placed my order.

Has anyone else had this..?
I've just had this too. Got a letter this morning from Motabilty saying I'm now getting the Ultimate and my advance payment is now £1799. Phoned Vauxhall and they confirmed the upgrade and said I had a price guarantee so my original AP of £499 stays the same.

Thank you for letting me know, I will await new paperwork form Motability, and then contact them. While I have been waiting I sought legal advise, and was informed that because Vauxhall and Motability are not supplying the vehicle I originally order, they are in breech of contract, also that with Vauxhall changing my order on their own accord, I 'should' not be liable for any increased costs resulting in the change of specification. But we will wait and see...

Hopefully I will get my new car... EVENTUALLY.. lol

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post