Unable to update after download

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Richm

Post by Richm »

Hi! I have a problem getting my updates into the car. I have downlloaded everything (map and info updates) using the Vauxhall Update program. Although it took forever to download and copy to the USB, it seemed to finish OK.
When I put the USB in the car, I get 2 messages:
1. There are no files on the media
then
2. The update is not compatible with your hardware

After the first failure I erased everything and tried again (3 hours download and copy!). Same result.

I have earlier managed to install an info update (2 months ago) but I'd really like to update the maps while it's still free.
Anyone got any ideas?

Download is to PC running Windows 10 at Microsoft's latest level.

TIA,
Richard

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Richm

I would try another USB drive as this one might have become faulty and this is why your having issues.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Richm

Post by Richm »

Thanks for your reply. I'll try again tomorrow.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Richm wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:34 pm Thanks for your reply. I'll try again tomorrow.
👍🏻
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Richm

Post by Richm »

I tried another USB stick but it didnt make any difference. In the end, I ignored the infotainment system update and just downloaded/installed the map update. That went OK, so I'm going to leave it that!

Thanks for the advice.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

oh ok that a shame glad you managed to sort your map updates.
brucey

Post by brucey »

The Grandland seems to be quite sensitive to USB sticks. I had similar issues and it ended up that the only one that worked from both the PC and car end was a 64GB Sandisk Ultra Flair, I bought mine from Argos for 15 quid to try and make sure I didn't get a fake (there are a lot out there).
-
Grandland Ultimate Nav 2020 Hybrid 4 :x
Mullp

Post by Mullp »

I had exactly the same problem as the o/p, and i did exactly the same deleted both updates and just did the maps, I wonder if there's a problem with the firmware update?
brucey

Post by brucey »

Well, I did the nav update first and then it didn't like the map. I still have the map to do, just waiting to do a long drive to put it in...
-
Grandland Ultimate Nav 2020 Hybrid 4 :x
HS10

Post by HS10 »

Anyone can share the link to the maps update download?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post