GS line lacking spec compared to 2019 sport nav

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Kitkat8617

Post by Kitkat8617 »

Went to look at new Grandland GS line today.Very disappointed!!!!
Compared to my 2019 Sport Nav the following items are missing

No Blind spot recognition
No rear centre armrest and therefore no ski hatch
No 13 amp plug socket
No 12v socket in boot
No remote rear seat catches
No split level boot floor
No electric tilt and lumbar controls on front passenger seat
No extending seat cushion on front passenger seat
Blank switches on centre console I.e tyre pressure and traction control switches missing
No diamond cut alloy wheels
No chrome running strip over exterior side windows
Awful black gloss paint on bumpers and side protection strips and wheel arches
(Top of rear bumper will become very scratched loading and unloading items from boot)
Black gloss roof rails(another place where scratching will occur)
Digital dash looks cheap with awful thin plastic hood over to
Front Visor panel looks like it has just been stuck on
Rear lights not as stylish as previous lights
Rear LED running lights do not come on with front DRLs(as they do on previous model)

The only item that has been added is 360 degree camera which hardly makes up for all the missing items
Needless to say I will NOT be changing my present Grandland for a new one as It wold feel like a backward step.
Even the Ultimate Grandland is not as well specced as my current car!!
Only hope the new Astra Sport Tourer has a decent equipment list as it is now my only option.
PS sent a note to Paul Wilcox Vauxhall CEO complaining about de-speccing Grandland

Cammy

Post by Cammy »

Hardly worthwhile complaining, got a goodwill offer for my under specification Griffin Edition which was derisory but was told take it or leave it.
Vauxhall clearly don’t give a toss these days.
rpettit55

Post by rpettit55 »

Yeh, I agree. Even my 10yr + Antara 4x4 was better built and spec'd. I had to upgrade as the Antara was eventually becoming expensive to run / maintain due to its age. My new GS line was also not to the spec I was given / sold. No SOS/Live Nav, rear armrest, parking sensors etc. I thought 360 camera was only on top of the range models, as I only got 180 camera? I believe lack of SOS / Live Nav is being investigated by DVSA due to being a legal requirement?
Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

Yep VX (aka Stellantis) changed all the specs on the newer GL, as you say the Ultimate version one is Ultimate by name only :o , sadly I wont change to a newer one as my current Elite Nav has most gadgets and spec, that a new GL can only dream of having :lol: . Makes it worth more I say second hand now 8-) . I too may be looking at the newer Astra but with there prices in the Silly category currently that'll be a while before I make a change.
Topaz Blue (MY2018) Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2t - The last owner ticked most of the extras boxes 8-) 8-)
Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob »

As sales figure dwindle and they will, due to how expensive the Grandland is, they will start offering keener finance deals (0% with 30% deposit over 24 months is already offered) I can see spec increasing or another range realignment. As the 3008 is getting a new 48v mild hybrid, that will also end up in the Grandland I reckon by the end of the year, although auto only.

I would not buy a Grandland currently either, our Elite Nav is so well spec'd and the new Grandland far too expensive with less kit. It is 12 months until we start looking and if nothing is worthwhile across other marques too will just keep the Grandland.
2021B Grandland X Elite NAV
Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

Cyberbob wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:20 am As sales figure dwindle and they will, due to how expensive the Grandland is, they will start offering keener finance deals (0% with 30% deposit over 24 months is already offered) I can see spec increasing or another range realignment. As the 3008 is getting a new 48v mild hybrid, that will also end up in the Grandland I reckon by the end of the year, although auto only.

I would not buy a Grandland currently either, our Elite Nav is so well spec'd and the new Grandland far too expensive with less kit. It is 12 months until we start looking and if nothing is worthwhile across other marques too will just keep the Grandland.
The Grandland GSe has the newer hybrid in it now, has more torque than a 911 Porsche has too, but 54K for it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Topaz Blue (MY2018) Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2t - The last owner ticked most of the extras boxes 8-) 8-)
jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

Jw427 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:46 am
Cyberbob wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:20 am As sales figure dwindle and they will, due to how expensive the Grandland is, they will start offering keener finance deals (0% with 30% deposit over 24 months is already offered) I can see spec increasing or another range realignment. As the 3008 is getting a new 48v mild hybrid, that will also end up in the Grandland I reckon by the end of the year, although auto only.

The Grandland GSe has the newer hybrid in it now, has more torque than a 911 Porsche has too, but 54K for it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The GSe is £43700, about the same as the ultimate hybrid4 used to be.
Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob »

Jw427 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:46 am

There is a mild hybrid coming - 48v smaller battery with the Purtech 1.2 130 auto to the 3008, so I bet the Grandland will be next.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/3565 ... oming-year

GSe is nice but a bit pricy for what it is at 43K, unless the discounts start to role in... Problem is that as over 40K you get hit with expensive car tax of £510 too for alternative cars.
2021B Grandland X Elite NAV
Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

Wonder how that 1.2 will chew through the wet belts with added EV power then ;) ;) :lol: :lol:

The newer pugs do look better than the current Grandland's do, just not sure on the iCockpit though of them.
jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

Jw427 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:38 pm Wonder how that 1.2 will chew through the wet belts with added EV power then ;) ;) :lol: :lol:

The newer pugs do look better than the current Grandland's do, just not sure on the iCockpit though of them.
The hybrid uses the older 1.6 4 cylinder turbo with a timing chain so no wet belt issues.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post