Grandland X Griffin under specification

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Cammy

Post by Cammy »

Evening,
1st post so bear with me.
I traded in my 19 plate Turbo Nav for a brand new 71 plate Griffin edition which doesn’t have the correct specification. I went back to Arnold Clark to be told that their Griffins don’t have blind spot sensors, tilt on reverse door mirrors or sill plates, pointed out that the specification on their website said it should, basically got nowhere, typical Arnold Clark so went to Vauxhall who confirmed the specification so lodged a complaint with them.
Basically since the 1st week in January I’ve had a succession of failed promises from Vauxhall which has included raising it with the escalations team who are as much use as a chocolate tea pot.
Anyone else had issues with non specification cars from Arnold Clark and anything positive to say for Vauxhall Customer Care as next step seems to be an email to the CEO and Trading Standards.

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Cammy and Welcome to the Forum.

Sorry to hear your having specification issues with what you ordered. A few Members have posted about issues with specifications not being what they ordered a lot of this is due to the global chip and parts shortages so they haven't added these.

It sounds like you have exhausted all the avenues possible and I would email the CEO office.

I have done this in the past for a issue with my car not spec related but I had a better response from the CEO office and it was resolved through contact with them rather than going through the dealership.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
spiro

Post by spiro »

Hi, When did you order the car? I think ordering a new car around September and October always causes a problem as this is when they change the specifications on the production line. You order a specific model from the current brochure in September and when it comes to delivery months later the spec has changed and you are getting the new variant.
This happened to me and I threatened to reject the car but in the end came to compromise with my dealer paying for some extras (eg Fitted tow bar).

As Grandlandx68 says you want to escalate it to the CEO's office.

Best of luck with this.
2019 Grandland X Tech Line Nav 177PS Diesel Automatic with the all road pack
Cammy

Post by Cammy »

spiro wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:07 am Hi, When did you order the car? I think ordering a new car around September and October always causes a problem as this is when they change the specifications on the production line. You order a specific model from the current brochure in September and when it comes to delivery months later the spec has changed and you are getting the new variant.
This happened to me and I threatened to reject the car but in the end came to compromise with my dealer paying for some extras (eg Fitted tow bar).

As Grandlandx68 says you want to escalate it to the CEO's office.

Best of luck with this.
Car was ordered in November, Arnold Clark contacted me and offered me more for my 19 plate GLX than I paid for it so it was a no brainer at the time as I was getting an upgraded model for the same amount of monthly payment. Arnold Clark specs as per attached but it’s turned out to be not as good deal as expected, typical Arnold Clark

B2B750F3-88B8-4582-A1AD-CF7EFA9337EA.png

364D71D1-BD48-4B10-9FB6-32B28178400C.png

53030962-3A84-47D0-BA0C-E09355BA3CBF.png

Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob »

Went through this in May last year with our Elite Nav and missing auto-dipping mirrors, never got to an actual answer other than not fitted at the factory. In simple terms the module was not available due to the chip shortage so not installed at the factory. We ended up with tinted windows instead though, which I would rather of had.

You have brought a stock vehicle built earlier on in the year go via Vauxhall CS and you may get some compensation, depends what you paid for the car. We got a 7K discount and tinted windows so it was worth the loss of dipping mirrors for the overall deal.

The silver scuff plates can be added, however I retro fitted them and they just get scratched too easily so not worth bothering with IMO.
2021B Grandland X Elite NAV
Cammy

Post by Cammy »

Update
Phoned Customer Care again on Monday, couldn’t get a straight answer so requested a call back which didn’t happen, not surprised so an email went to Paul Willcox CEO on Tuesday.
Received an email response from the Executive Support Team manager this morning asking the vehicle mileage, screenshots of the Arnold Clark website and a copy of my sales paperwork so will see what develops.
And I did get an apology for the lack of customer care.
Glasgowvaux

Post by Glasgowvaux »

I had the very same issue when I purchased my Griffin from Arnold Clark.
I discussed it with AC who asked me to take the car in for them to check. They originally said my car was in delivery mode.
Forced the missing items but the auto dipping mirrors and scuff plates they would not touch.
Contacted vauxhall and they confirmed it was a change in spec that AC should have noted.
They offered a sum of money as way of a settlement.
Eddy204

Post by Eddy204 »

Do you have the email of the CEO Office please
Eddy204
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Eddy204 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:30 pm Do you have the email of the CEO Office please
Eddy204
Vauxhall CEO Email address: Paul.Willcox@vauxhall.co.uk
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Cammy

Post by Cammy »

GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:32 pm
Eddy204 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:30 pm Do you have the email of the CEO Office please
Eddy204
Vauxhall CEO Email address: Paul.Willcox@vauxhall.co.uk
You’ll get a reply from Emma Kemp, executive support manager.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post