Hybrid 4 - Lack of information.

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Moss5

Post by Moss5 »

It’s frustrating trying to educate myself about my own vehicle.
Vauxhall choose not to supply an owner’s manual in PDF form, I had to go to Opel for that.
Owners on this forum and Peugeot’s forum (https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/3008-hybrid4.74/) report seeing pop-up messages such as “Ambient conditions not suitable” etc. I have not seen a list of possible messages published, nor explanations of their meaning.
It would be helpful if a ‘Company Representative’ joined our forum and offered to explain the gaps in our knowledge. I have seen forum members trying to explain why the ‘computer says no’ to Electric Drive, but it seems like conjecture, rather than fact. No link can be given to a Source.
2020 Hybrid 4

huffy

Post by huffy »

I agree about the lack of accurate information on the Hybrid 4.
Does the owners manual that you downloaded give the correct information for re-setting the Tyre deflation detection system, the manual I have directs you to a button that I don't have on my car!
And look for the tyre pressures in the manual for our car, unless I'm missing something.
Grandland X Hybrid 4
Moss5

Post by Moss5 »

My tyres are 205/55/R19.
Open the driver’s door to reveal a label at the bottom of the door pillar.
Tyre pressures are printed there.
My PDF copy of the manual came from Opel Ireland.
https://www.google.com/search?q=OPEL+OM ... nt=gws-wiz
Page 233 of the above manual: -
Tyre deflation detection
system
The tyre deflation detection system
continually checks the rotation speed
of all four wheels and warns on low
tyre pressure condition once vehicle
is driving. This is achieved by
comparing tyre rolling circumference
with reference values and further
signals.
If a tyre loses pressure the control
indicator w illuminates and a warning
message is displayed in the Driver
Information Centre.
In this case reduce speed, avoid
sharp cornering and strong braking.
Stop at next safe opportunity and
check tyre pressure.

Tyre pressure label.jpg

2020 Hybrid 4
huffy

Post by huffy »

Hi, yes I've got that as well, but not the point I was trying to make.
I was referring to the lack of / incorrect information regarding the Hybrid 4.
Page 234 shows the System initialisation after inflating the tyres and refers to a button that I don't have.
And I have the tyre pressure sticker on the drivers door pillar, but was again referring to the lack of relevant information in the manual for the Hybrid 4.
I believe the Hybrid 4 has the F16XHR Engine, and pages 267/268 (Tyre pressures) make no reference to this engine.
Grandland X Hybrid 4
Moss5

Post by Moss5 »

You forced me to look in the car and you are correct, the inflation monitor setting button does not exist.
I found a menu item on the screen.
I did not continue because I have not set the tyre pressures.

Inflation monitor screens.jpg

2020 Hybrid 4
Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

Moss5 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:48 am You forced me to look in the car and you are correct, the inflation monitor setting button does not exist.
I found a menu item on the screen.
I did not continue because I have not set the tyre pressures.
This in the screen for the Hybrid, as that's a 4x4, for my Elite Nav that screen setting is not their, it just the button in front of the gear selector you press and the dash then confirms this
Topaz Blue (MY2018) Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2t - The last owner ticked most of the extras boxes 8-) 8-)
jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

They put it in the screen menu (but dont tell you that in the manual) as they put the petrol filler opener on the buttons instead, because the petrol tank on the hybrid is pressurised (dont know why).
Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

jw021979 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:08 am They put it in the screen menu (but dont tell you that in the manual) as they put the petrol filler opener on the buttons instead, because the petrol tank on the hybrid is pressurised (dont know why).
Oh okay, every day is a school day with the Grandland and "where's the button now" findings ;) :lol:
Topaz Blue (MY2018) Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2t - The last owner ticked most of the extras boxes 8-) 8-)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post