New speakers

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
M4YH3Mx

Post by M4YH3Mx »

Has anyone fitted new speakers to their Grandland?
I'm thinking of upgrading the speakers and adding an amp, eventually add maybe an underseat sub.
Just wondering if it was easy enough to do and/or the speaker size? I've seen a few places suggest 6.5" speakers.

Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

Anything is possible mate. I'm registered on the Astra K forum and someone has installed upgraded speaker system with sub and all. It's all about finding the right place for all your bits and bobs and connecting all the wires correctly.

I've done some mods to my Grandland and my previous cars but frankly upgrading speaker system wasn't and won't be one of them - not in a Grandland at least. If I had a different car then maybe. The factory speakers aren't too bad, by no means great but definitely not as bad as in some cars and I don't like strong bass.

I think Valer might be able to help you with any wiring diagrams you'll require for this. He is our Vauxhall diagram / instructions wikipedia.
Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

Check out the ARS24 - Car Audio Onlineshop channel on YouTube for relevant content. You may need the subtitle translator, depending on your linguistic skills.
Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)
M4YH3Mx

Post by M4YH3Mx »

I've upgraded speakers and a sub on 1 of my previous cars, I just can't find any information on speaker size, guess I'll have to remove the door card and see for myself. Any idea how many screws are on the door card or even how to remove it? It's been a while since Ive removed one.

I've only got the basic speakers and they're absolutly depressing in comparison to the Mrs' Bose system in the qashqai.