Missing Heated Windscreen on Elite model

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Roguehabit

Post by Roguehabit »

Hi, this is my first post, having just switched out my 18 plate Tech Line Nav for a 21 plate Elite company lease.

Throughout the speccing process the Heated Windscreen option was always showing on the Elite model, and everything I have found over the last 24 hours still indicates that this is one of the standard items. However the car has arrived without a heated windscreen and no put on the AirCon panel, just a blanking button???

I've raised this with the lease company already, but wondered if anyone has come across this. Should not I have all the other Winter items; Heated Seats, Heated mirrors, heated steering wheel.

Am I going mad?????

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Roguehabit and Welcome to the forum.

There have been a few members on the forum who have received cars without options that they were told it would have. This has been mainly down to the global chip and parts shortage also trim changes which dealerships weren't made aware of.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob »

My Elite Nav came without auto-dipping mirrors, to this day I don't know why they were not fitted as a standard fit across all trim levels... I do have the heated windscreen and also go tinted rear windows which were an option as standard.

I do have the heated windscreen however, I imagine it is nothing more than a part shortage at the factory as the face lift Grandland and Peugeot 3008 which have the same windscreen have this as an option. Trying to get a definite answer from Vauxhall seems nigh on impossible as they just refer you back to the dealer - for some reason think they will know more than Vauxhall UK?????
2021B Grandland X Elite NAV
Roguehabit

Post by Roguehabit »

HI, a little update.

The Leasing company spoke to the Dealer, who in turn spoke to the Fleet Manager at the Drive Vauxhall, who in turn spoke with Vauxhall.

Long story short, following a very woolly reply from Vauxhall, who could neither confirm or deny if there had been any spec change, the vehicle is now going into my local dealership for a 'Warranty Investigation' to determine if the vehicle is indeed missing a heated windscreen (duh!) and how economical it will be to retrospectively fit the missing screen. There concern being that it could be a lot more than the screen and button, if the wrong harness has been fitted...

Vauxhall will not admit to a misbuild at this point, but they are unable to prove that a spec change occurred, especially as the current spec and the one order still match for this model!

Ultimately they may end up swapping out the vehicle for a new one, if retrofitting is not possible. The advantage of being one of the biggest Vauxhall fleet users in Europe I guess. :)
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted on how you get on.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post