Navi 5 infotainment (Sat Nav bigger screen version) and music playlists

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

Putting Carplay and Android Auto aside (I prefer the sound of the built in mp3 player than Carplay), interested in knowing other people’s experience of playing ‘playlists’ from a USB device. The process seems overly complicated and not intuitive. So I’ve copied some audio files and accompanying playlists to a USB stick and let’s say I want to play one of the playlists. I first need to select the music player as source, then select playlists. I get a list of my playlists - looking good so far. However to play anyone of them, I can’t just select it… all that does is expand the list to show me the contents of the playlist. Instead I have to tap a small icon alongside it which then opens another screen, and then I have to tap listen in the left side of the screen. Not the easiest thing to do on the move! Am i missing something, is there an easier more direct way to just play the contents of a playlist? The manual is next to useless as it doesn’t go into any detail for this.

Thanks
Simon

Russell B

Post by Russell B »

Hi Simon,
No you are correct, the infotainment system on a vauxhall is pretty bad, the sound quality is excellent but there are too many sub folders that you have to go through to get where you want.
I use a usb to play my music and have the same problem, you do get used to it after a while.
Vauxhall make a great car but when it comes to the sound systems they are a bit lazy and tend not to listen to their customers about changes that could be made.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post