Keyless -entry radio remote control.

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Moss5

Post by Moss5 »

My wife’s key fob did not open the boot today. She has been in hospital and not used her key fob for 21-days.
The manual warns “Note: To save battery power, the keyless functions are set to stand-by after 21days of non-use. To reactivate the functions, press a button on the electronic key”
Well, pressing a button did not bring it back to life. I replaced the 3V battery, (the original read 3V on my multi-meter), but that made no difference.
I had a spare electronic key and was able to prove the fault was down to my wife’s key fob.
I removed the manual key from the fob, after remembering to slide the locking plate sideways. I opened the driver’s door with the key, but did not get in the car. I then opened the boot (my only reason for going to the car), but that caused the car alarm to squawk.
I believe I should have got in and powered the ignition to disable the alarm, but I cancelled it using my other key fob.
I then tried the faulty fob by pressing a few keys. Nothing worked.
I refitted the emergency key in the faulty fob and everything worked. It seems the key is part of the electrical circuit inside the fob.
I’m sharing this experience in case others would like to experiment with use of the manual key (rather than wait for a real emergency). If all this had happened to my wife in a car park, I think she would not have been arrested, but she would have been waiting for the RAC for some time.
2020 Hybrid 4

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hope your wife is ok now and Thanks for letting us know about the Keyless key Entry issue. 👍🏻
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Moss5

Post by Moss5 »

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the trouble to be a Mod.
2020 Hybrid 4
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

👍🏻
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post