SAT NAV PROBLEM

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Hi all, can't work out how to use Sat Nav to find and start a route to a destination that has no address, for example we are going to the Scottish Secret Bunker Museum tomorrow, the web site gives a post code, but no address so in the end had to just put in nearest small town for SN to recognise anything. i have older SN in another car and you could just put in the Post Code and was setup in seconds this one does not or if it does i can't find it. i tries points of interest too still nothing, can anyone tell me if there is a way to just put in post codes or link to a good in-depth video on Sn would be great.
thxs in advance for any input :)

Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

If you know where exactly the place is but the postcode doesn't match with that location, just find it on the sat nav by just browsing the map, then press and hold on wherever you want to travel to and there should be an option (something along the lines of) "Navigate to here". Hope that helps you at least a little bit.
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Hi Vayerr thxs fo your reply, yes i looked it up in hand book and did just that and i now have route to the nearest small village in the St Andrews area, but i just thought i was missing something obviously easy when trying to add a destination. but yea as i said your reply was just what i have done. thxs again take care
Tony211053

Post by Tony211053 »

Hi Johnboy
Yes you can search a destination from the postcode, it just isnt initially obvious.
1) start up sat nav - NAV.
2) When map of present location is displayed, at the bottom centre of screen press search.
3) Enter postcode.
4) This then allows you to fill in the remainder of destination.

Took me a while to discover this so hope it helps for the future
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Cheers Tony yip got it now, can't believe they don't make that more obvious as lots of addresses your trying to find only have a post code.
Once again thxs for that mate :)
Tony211053

Post by Tony211053 »

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post