Welcome! Introduce yourself here!

New to the Vauxhall Grandland Forums? Introduce yourself here
Cargo42

Post by Cargo42 »

Hi Robbie75, I also was a private hire driver doing similar 50000miles annually. Most of my trips were up to Heathrow and return, a 200 mile plus round trip. I would stick with main dealer annual service together with regular oil change at shorter intervals depending on your mileage of course. The GX is an ideal motor for PH. Safe travels and enjoy the ride.

RapmasterUK

Post by RapmasterUK »

Hi, you can call me Paul from God's Own County Yorkshire. Sheffield to be exact.

I have the latest 22 models Grandland X 1.2 Ultimate with IR Vision and totally different 19-inch Alloys to the ones on the Website.
I was told by Pentagon Parkway Sheffield, that I was the very first one in the UK to receive the new facelift car. Registered March 1st In Diamond Black.
Since taking ownership of the car it has required two updates. One that included firmware and Map update, and then yesterday a new firmware although I have no idea what this firmware is for
or what it fixes.

Well, I guess that gives you an insight into me any questions or further info is required feel free to ask
Paul.
"I'm Not Saying I'm The Best But I'm In The Top One"
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi RapmasterUK (Paul) and Welcome to the Forum
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
l586

Post by l586 »

Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting a Grandland X 1.2 Nav Sport or similar.

I currently drive a Nissan Qashqai owner of a 2016 1.6 automatic diesel and im getting around 55 MPG. I briefly drove a Grandland X and did see 55 MPG in a duel carriageway.

I have a couple of questions;
- What is everyone getting to the gallon?
- I previously had a 2016 plate Astra Elite was was shockingly disappointing with leather peal, how does it hold up on the Grandland X's?
- How common is keyless entry?

Thanks.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

l586 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:51 pm Hi all,

I currently drive a Nissan Qashqai owner of a 2016 1.6 automatic diesel and im getting around 55 MPG. I briefly drove a Grandland X and did see 55 MPG in a duel carriageway.

- I previously had a 2016 plate Astra Elite was was shockingly disappointing with leather peal, how does it hold up on the Grandland X's?

Thanks.
Hi l586

I do very short Journeys and the occasional longer journey so cant give you an a great MPG but mine averages around 28.8 mpg but on slightly longer journeys I can get late 30s to early 40s
In terms of leather peel my car is nearly 4 years old and no issues I regularly use Autoglym leather products to clean and protect it.
The Keyless entry was more common in earlier models as it came as standard but was removed later on and only an added extra on some models.

Hope this helps
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob »

l586 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:51 pm Hi all,

Thanks.
We get on average around 40 mpg from our 1.2, having driven a Qashqai I do find overall the Grandland a nicer drive and interior screwed together better. Keyless entry was standard on early higher spec models up to around MY2019, then Griffin Special edition and Ultimate more recently.

Here is link for the 2018.5 brochure when the Sport Nav still had keyless entry as standard before it became SRi and spec dropped:

https://www.vauxhall.co.uk/content/dam/ ... 483429.pdf

Spec is a minefield as changed every year or even six months (usually downward). Always best to check individual cars but hopefully gives you a rough guide...
2021B Grandland X Elite NAV
Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

I'm averaging 41mpg over 23.5k miles, that's with the auto gearbox. The sport or similar trim level only uses leather on the steering wheel, as seat trims are only leather-effect. MY19 elite & ultimate trim level have leather seats.
Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)
SAM71

Post by SAM71 »

Hi, I am just/ still waiting for my Grandland GS,. They must be finally coming out as I saw a black 22 plate Grandland in. Banbury today.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi SAM71 and Welcome to the Forum.
Daveregis

Post by Daveregis »

HI David here after a Google search for help on map updating i found the answer here
just a big thanks.
I have just bought 2021 1.5 Diesel Ultimate with panoramic roof which am really enjoying after driving astra GTC for 10 years.