GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Simon74. wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:20 pm Hi am Simon
Cheshire UK
Majoir spinal surgerys for scoliosis and Kyphosis
Have a Hyundai Kona Ultimate Electric
Ordered My Grandland Colbalt Blue Ultimate Jan 2022
HI Simon74 and Welcome to the Forum.

What made you decide to change from Hyundai to Vauxhall?
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Simon74.

Post by Simon74. »

ImageHi thank you for the welcome

The hyundai konaE is a great car but in my case I have had Majoir spinal surgerys for scoliosis and I don't have off road parking I have had this for a year now and found that I always have to keep going to a public chargeing point and sit there for a hour or 2 to get to the 250 mile radias not the 300

The other problems of driving tla electric car is yes it's cheaper but as soon as you put the air con on for even ten secs or the heat button the milage would drop significantly so for instance 130 miles left on the car press the heat button or air con and it will go down to 100 straight away as it takes a lot of the battery up .

I go and pick my daughter up at hilton Park services as I have shared custody so 78 miles there and back I charge it to 80 percent but I found over the last 7 months or so I have to keep charging the car up and the energy prices have impacted this also .
Then there's the different subscriptions you can take out for charging your car or you pay put you lr bank card to the terminal and then it will come out your bank as and when the decide to take it

Am charging at the monent only just got here and as you cN see its costing over £11.00 now and not even half way to being full .

Also there wasn't that many electric cars on the road when I first got this but there are so many and when you come to a charge point you one have to wait for the other car to charge as two cars acan not charge on the same charging point even thought it has two connectors attached (big flaw)

And one of the main points as I have had lots of spinal surgerys the seats are heated and air conditioning one there are not as comfy as I thought they were to be and last point I was sold this on a whim as the dealer had two in stick before the new konaE came out so I took it without really looking into it and then also the grandland has better overall headroom etc .

Excuse the the writing my dyslexic writing you might find it hard to read or understand so apologies .

Screenshot_2022-08-16-17-53-50-90_2261920abdb406aaecbd6cb551fb7dbb.jpg

Regards
Simon
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Simon74. wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:01 pm ImageHi thank you for the welcome

The hyundai konaE is a great car but in my case I have had Majoir spinal surgerys for scoliosis and I don't have off road parking I have had this for a year now and found that I always have to keep going to a public chargeing point and sit there for a hour or 2 to get to the 250 mile radias not the 300

The other problems of driving tla electric car is yes it's cheaper but as soon as you put the air con on for even ten secs or the heat button the milage would drop significantly so for instance 130 miles left on the car press the heat button or air con and it will go down to 100 straight away as it takes a lot of the battery up .

I go and pick my daughter up at hilton Park services as I have shared custody so 78 miles there and back I charge it to 80 percent but I found over the last 7 months or so I have to keep charging the car up and the energy prices have impacted this also .
Then there's the different subscriptions you can take out for charging your car or you pay put you lr bank card to the terminal and then it will come out your bank as and when the decide to take it

Am charging at the monent only just got here and as you cN see its costing over £11.00 now and not even half way to being full .

Also there wasn't that many electric cars on the road when I first got this but there are so many and when you come to a charge point you one have to wait for the other car to charge as two cars acan not charge on the same charging point even thought it has two connectors attached (big flaw)

And one of the main points as I have had lots of spinal surgerys the seats are heated and air conditioning one there are not as comfy as I thought they were to be and last point I was sold this on a whim as the dealer had two in stick before the new konaE came out so I took it without really looking into it and then also the grandland has better overall headroom etc .

Excuse the the writing my dyslexic writing you might find it hard to read or understand so apologies .
Thanks for the update.
Lets hope the Grandland is a car you will enjoy more.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Simon74.

Post by Simon74. »

Hi
Once again
Following on from my previous message

Pic below show you what I have been charged.

Also I already had 50 miles on the car but you don't want to go below this as the car can catch you out and once battery is dead there's no jump-start and can not tow a electric car .

So eco mode I always use I have been charged over £30.00 for the battery to be charged from 50 miles to 210 miles but this can diminish quickly depending on weather / or air con or heat on .
If I have it in normal mode it will go down quicker and sport mode even more so .

It's great with the BHP as its very nippy and can fly past a lot of cars with 210 BHP and really there's no much to the engine so it's Tourqe that makes fast but I rarely put it in sport as I know how much the electricity can go down .

I originally ordered the top of the range Peugeot 3008 but cancelled thst as was offered this car within 2 weeks .

So rather have the Grandland Ultimate Diesel even if it cost more with the prices now.

Electric cars really need thinking about before someone purchases one ...

Lots of cons and lots of positive but in my case the cons outweigh the positive.

So am really looking forward to getting the grandland .

Many thanks again for the warm welcome

Simon

Screenshot_2022-08-16-18-33-29-16_2261920abdb406aaecbd6cb551fb7dbb.jpg

Regards
Simon
alanhuddart

Post by alanhuddart »

Hi, I recently took delivery of a 2022 Grandland which replaced an earlier model. Does anyone know if it's possible to set up Apple Car Play wirelessly on the Grandland?
Mikenkay

Post by Mikenkay »

Wow, when did you place your order?
Deleted User 1643

Post by Deleted User 1643 »

Hi,
I have just purchased a 2020 Grandland X Ultimate Nav Hybrid 4 in white. I'm 81 years of age and an avid motorist so you you may be seeing quite a few "help" requests from me as the dealer who sold me the car never did a proper explanitary handover. This is my first E.V. I live in Norfolk and wondered if there were any other Grandland owners near me (Garboldisham) who could put me on the straight and narrow. Home charger being installed on Monday. Went for Myenergy Zappi v2 as I wish to charge the car from my solar panels. Hope you will help me.
MattCrane

Post by MattCrane »

Who are you... Hi I am Matt
Where are you... Cornwall
What version of Grandland X did you go for? 1.5d Auto Ultimate

Only ordered it last week and been told 8 months for delivery, so let the waiting begin :lol:
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

MattCrane wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:07 pm Who are you... Hi I am Matt
Where are you... Cornwall
What version of Grandland X did you go for? 1.5d Auto Ultimate

Only ordered it last week and been told 8 months for delivery, so let the waiting begin :lol:
Hello MattCrane and Welcome to the Forum.

Bet you cant wait for your new car to arrive 😁

What car do you currently drive and what made you choose the Grandland?