Hello!

New to the Vauxhall Grandland Forums? Introduce yourself here
Groovyblues

Post by Groovyblues »

Morning all,

I have now been the proud owner of a new to me Grandland for the past 24 hours, so far enjoying the car. A 67 plate with 33k on the clock.

Came from a 2016 2.0 cdti Insignia 170, decided to trade it in as I struggled for space behind me for my kids and getting in and out was becoming a real pain!

So far so good, actually have gone for the base spec SE 1.2, which is unusual for me, but came with the winter pack and panoramic roof, and a lovely Ruby Red (which at first, I wasn’t keen, but it’s growing on me) which is plenty good enough for me. First petrol car for a long time.

I’m sure I’ll be asking questions when I have an issue I can’t figure out and I will try and help anyone else in any way I can.

The insignia forum is a great forum, I hope this forum is exactly the same!

Thanks,

A

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hello Groovyblues and Welcome to the Forum.

It sounds like you purchased a good spec SE model with added optional equipment.
Do you feel any difference in power compared to your old Insignia?
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Groovyblues

Post by Groovyblues »

GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:26 am Hello Groovyblues and Welcome to the Forum.

It sounds like you purchased a good spec SE model with added optional equipment.
Big difference in pulling power especially in higher gears, the Grandland does lack in the higher gears. But I must admit, I’m pleasantly surprised with how the little 1.2 does pull, it still feels like it can hold it’s own. I will miss the performance of the insignia though, it felt somewhat of a quicker car than people thought.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Groovyblues wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:17 pm
GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:26 am Hello Groovyblues and Welcome to the Forum.

Big difference in pulling power especially in higher gears, the Grandland does lack in the higher gears. But I must admit, I’m pleasantly surprised with how the little 1.2 does pull, it still feels like it can hold it’s own. I will miss the performance of the insignia though, it felt somewhat of a quicker car than people thought.
I have never driven a diesel car always had petrols.

I agree the higher gears you don't get as much but as you say its surprising how quick this little car can be.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Groovyblues

Post by Groovyblues »

Doesn’t seem too bad on fuel either. Drove from Oxford to Blackpool yesterday, used a 1/4 of a tank. Driving back tomorrow, I’m struggling to see what MPG I got though, I reset the trip, but the mpg is working out over the last 6.5k
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

It is good on fuel for the power out of such a small engine. .

Have you cleared the screen in the odometer menu? There is two screen options for MPG in there.

If you download the MY Vauxhall App that gives a accurate MPG with to and from location .
Groovyblues

Post by Groovyblues »

GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:52 pm It is good on fuel for the power out of such a small engine. .

Have you cleared the screen in the odometer menu? There is two screen options for MPG in there.

If you download the MY Vauxhall App that gives a accurate MPG with to and from location .
Thanks, I’ll see if I can figure it out tomorrow.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

👍🏻
Groovyblues

Post by Groovyblues »

Managed to figure it out. Thanks for the help.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

No Problem glad you got it sorted.