Electric Parking Brake and Starting Issue

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Baronoli

Post by Baronoli »

Morning all,

Yet another fault with my Grandland, I knew there were risks getting a "first of its kind" car, but thought with it being built on the Peugeot 3008 there'd be less problems than this!

I was driving a short distance the other day and the "parking brake fault, have it repaired" message came up (French translations really bad on this car too...). Restarted the car, it went thought nothing of it.

Drove 17 miles into work, no issues. Got 2 minutes into my commute home and it came on again. Attempted to restart at a set of traffic lights, wouldn't start... Bit embarrassing sat at a busy set of traffic lights in near Central London! I got out, put the bonnet up (mainly to show I'm not just sitting at the front of the lights for no reason). Got back in the car and it restarted! 10 minutes after that parking fault light came on again, didn't risk restarting so drove home, parked up, restarted and fault gone again.

Yesterday I came to start it, straight away "PARKING BRAKE FAULT". But it started and the parking brake worked fine, aside from the auto-release function not working. Drove to an appointment, got back in and it had difficulties starting like when I was at the lights the previous day, but started fine, drove 12 miles and stopped for lunch at a pub. Came to get back into the car and it wouldn't start. I tried repeatedly restarting, but nothing would work. The starter motor started to kick in but kept protecting itself after a few turns. I disconnected the battery for 10 minutes, reconnected and now the car thinks the handbrake is off, when it was clearly on...

I called the AA and they sent a local garage, he couldn't get it started with a jump or anything so sent a recovery truck. Luckily the guy got the handbrake off with some fiddling, we got it on the back of the truck and parked it outside the dealership I go to.

Very frustrating as in 2020, they had the car for about 6 months with issues (see my other threads!).

Anyone had an issue like this before?
Old Grandland (Sold 'Nov 22):
Elite Nav 1.2 Ameythyst Purple

New Grandland
Ultimate PHEV - Cobalt Blue

Baronoli

Post by Baronoli »

All ended up being to do with the wiring from the clutch switch to the rest of the computer systems. Cleaned up and reconnected and now all good if anyone gets something similar!
Old Grandland (Sold 'Nov 22):
Elite Nav 1.2 Ameythyst Purple

New Grandland
Ultimate PHEV - Cobalt Blue
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Good to hear you got it sorted Baronoli and thanks for letting us know 👍🏻
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post