Engine management light has suddenly come on

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Nad1

Post by Nad1 »

Hi I own a 68 Grandland x turboD
Bought the car 4 weeks ago has mot , no issues up until recently the engine management light has come on and stated engine failure , I do not know what this could be? Any suggestions with what this could be
Please ?

Thanks

Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Could be any number of issues, did you receive a message in the driver information panel?
There will be a stored fault code which will indicate the problem, without a fault code reader, a garage visit will be probably necessary.
Hopefully the indication is yellow in colour which will mean you have a minor fault only.
Extract from the user manual.

Screenshot_20210210_091010.jpg

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Nad1

As Coatgallou has said it could be anything really, The only thing you could try if you want to avoid a dealership visit is buy a fault code reader it may be able to give you an idea what the issue is. If not I am afraid it will be a trip to the dealership. It could just be a fault that occurred and the car has fixed it but needs resetting. If you don't have a fault code reader then only option is to book it in to the dealership.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Nad1

Post by Nad1 »

Thanks both will check the code it’s not in red it is in yellow I think
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

👍🏻
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Esso blue

Post by Esso blue »

i had this issue in November 2019 i bought a new grand land after a few weeks the engine management light came on and was miss firing car was recovered to the dealer who diagnosed a faulty spark plug after 2 days it came on again after again being recovered it diagnosed a faulty sensor which was replaced. this was the beginning of continual issues with the engine management light coming on i had taken photos and videos to confirm this was happening. the dealer were unable to find the fault after they used the vehicle for a few weeks the fault was no longer logged in the vehicles computer system. these issue were logged with Vauxhall who agreed to replace the vehicle in March 2021. the dealer was Peter Vardy Aberdeen who were first class throughout this issue giving me a car and support so i was not out of pocket.
boyleD1

Post by boyleD1 »

Hi All

Just back from Airport and my light has came on if I disconnect the battery will that reset it

thanks all
Macca

Post by Macca »

Probably best to find out why it’s come on first.
boyleD1

Post by boyleD1 »

Hi All

left car in drive for 10 mins then restarted and light has gone I was checking if it was red or minor colour light

can anyone recommend hand held code reader to buy please

When I dropped my wife at airport I think I caused it by revving and pressing stop start as not used to driving it
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Tbh if its gone off and not come back on the car may have fixed the issue . If its still under warranty you could ask Vauxhall to check if any codes are stored.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post