Glovebox Fuse Box

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

Good morning,

I'm trying to wire something into the car (will make a post about it later). I'm capable of doing it and everything but I am stuck on one bit. The fuse box behind the glovebox (apart from the fact it's difficult to access) has 2 separate diagrams listed in the manual. I've checked the Peugeot 3008 fuse box information and it lists the fuses same as on the Grandland manual and also with 2 diagrams, which doesn't help.

Does anyone know which diagram to follow? 1 or 2? There's a big difference between pulling a fuse for example for a horn vs Stop-Start System (Fuse 4) or Camera vs Alarm (Fuse 27). I just want to know which one to focus on. Guess I could trial and error which fuse is for what and determine which diagram applies but they are difficult to access as is and I thought someone else might know.

Any help is appreciated.

Fuses.png

Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

At a guess, for a 2018 model, would say version 1.
Pull fuse 32 as a check. It doesn't serve anything on version 1 but front cigarette lighter on version 2.
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

My fusebox is version 2, I used fuse 33 (nothing served by it as std.) for dash cam.
It is all confusing and certainly very very tight for working but possible. I didn't have a fuse Puller in my vehicle so used Long nosed pliers to pull and insert the fuses. Haven't found the plastic pullers any good anyway.
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

Coatgallou wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:02 am At a guess, for a 2018 model, would say version 1.
Pull fuse 32 as a check. It doesn't serve anything on version 1 but front cigarette lighter on version 2.
Thank you for replying.

I tried Vauxhall Service department but they said they can't advise anything over the phone, they need to see the car but it'll likely be trial and error so I may as well try myself (which I have).

Alternatively they can hardwire whatever I want for me (I didn't even bother asking the price cause it'll probably be £100+ and I already had wires ready right next to the fuse box).

Got everything beautifully wired to my satisfaction. I'll make a separate thread about my Grandland / little guide later on.
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

👍