Map &firmware updates

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

mcalleran wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:21 pm Where can I find that version? THe Vauxhall Update app tells me that 9.0.0r0 is the latest.
That might be the latest version for your car as the Vauxhall app for the pc uses your VIN to check for the latest map and touchscreen software.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

I can confirm that the new PC and Mac app for updating your Vauxhall’s maps and touchscreen firmware works great on a June 2018 Grandland, finally it’s the first solution that has enabled me to update the display to white temperature readout, vauxhall logo and overall better performance. I did an update about a month ago on both the firmware and maps (takes quite a while!), and I was amazed today that there was another update for the touchscreen firmware! Just done that, not sure what if any has changed but so much easier now with the desktop app to write a USB stick.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

👍🏻
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Craigfeguson

Post by Craigfeguson »

Do you think we will ever have wireless android auto on grandland x?
Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

To date I'd not attempted to do any updates on my 2019 1.2 Elite Nav as previously it seemed to be a process difficult to carry out. However, I've now installed the Vauxhall software, downloaded the files and loaded the files to a USB stick. That part of the process now seems to be relatively straight forward. Now I've got to install in the car which I gather from those that have done this requires sitting in the car with the engine running for around 45 mins +.
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

Craigfeguson wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:26 pm Do you think we will ever have wireless android auto on grandland x?
You can get a wireless Android Auto as standard on some cars. Grandland unfortunately doesn't come with it. Might be an option in the new facelift models but as it stands it's not available on Grandlands and as far as I'm aware it cannot be programmed in at a later date (like part of Infotainment update).

You can still get it on a Grandland however you'd need to use a slightly expensive (£70-£100) 3rd party stuff to make it work. Probably easier (definitely cheaper) to stick to a cable.
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

Ken_A wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:30 pm To date I'd not attempted to do any updates on my 2019 1.2 Elite Nav as previously it seemed to be a process difficult to carry out. However, I've now installed the Vauxhall software, downloaded the files and loaded the files to a USB stick. That part of the process now seems to be relatively straight forward. Now I've got to install in the car which I gather from those that have done this requires sitting in the car with the engine running for around 45 mins +.
Yeah the process is extremely easy now. It's really cool you don't need to take your car into a dealership to have them do it (and charge you for it).

If you are doing both Infotainment and Sat Nav update then I'd say give yourself at least an hour to do both and yes, engine needs to be on during the process so the power doesn't cut out (energy saving for the battery doesn't engage).
Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

Well today I installed the map and infontain software. Took 1hour 10 minutes so I was glad I had a book to read. Apart from being able to read the temperature now no idea what any other changes there are.
Still, at least it's done now and there is no doubt that the process is now quite straight forward.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

👍🏻
spiro

Post by spiro »

Hi, Does anyone know if the firmware update will cause issues with the towbar electrics mapping?
2019 Grandland X Tech Line Nav 177PS Diesel Automatic with the all road pack

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post