Map &firmware updates

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Moss5

Post by Moss5 »

2020 Hybrid 4

Barbz

Post by Barbz »

I have the update correctly installed, and it's good.

I do how ever need an assist. Could some one inform me how to reduce the volume of TomTom alerts for cameras. It is ear shattering and even if I'm not using the Nav the cameras still alert me.

Please Help... :evil:
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Barbz good to hear you updated your Nav system without any issues. I don't believe you can turn down the volume of the TomTom alerts.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Barbz

Post by Barbz »

@GRANDLANDX68 ~ Many thanks for getting back to me. I believe that I accidently came across it, I will have a look in the next couple of days. From memory, it was under maps and sound setting in there, I don't want to shut it off, reduce the volume.
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Hi All. New to this forum so hello. Can anyone help on this thread and map updates along with the Vauxhall app. I have already updated the screen software which took 40 minutes with engine running. To do the maps is approx another 80 minutes engine running so didn’t do this one. How does everyone feel with having the engine running for this long on idle? Will this cause any long term damage to the engine?

On the Vauxhall app I deleted this and installed again because the mileage on the app doesn’t always replicate the mileage on the odometer but since doing this I’ve now lost the instructions in the connected services section for screen update and maps update, and if there is an update… which is now blank. Luckily I have this update already on the USB stick. Any ideas why it’s showing blank? Maps has still yet to be done. Maps currently is on firmware 10 in my car. Thanks in advance.

Grandland X 2019 elite model with winter pack.

IMG_0204.png

huffy

Post by huffy »

Looks like there is a new update for the Touch Screen Software (44.07.05.22_NAC-r0).
Showed on the My Vauxhall updater on my Mac, but download won't start.
Had the same problem starting the download before and ended up using my daughters PC.
Grandland X Hybrid 4
Leeboddy121

Post by Leeboddy121 »

Hi just bought my 2023 grandland ultimate how do you know if the maps and touch screen need updating ? Appreciate the help
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Leeboddy121 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:32 pm Hi just bought my 2023 grandland ultimate how do you know if the maps and touch screen need updating ? Appreciate the help
Yours won’t if it’s brand new. But download the Vauxhall app and in there it’ll tell you when there are updates.
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

huffy wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:46 am Looks like there is a new update for the Touch Screen Software (44.07.05.22_NAC-r0).
Showed on the My Vauxhall updater on my Mac, but download won't start.
Had the same problem starting the download before and ended up using my daughters PC.
How do you feel about leaving the engine running for over an hour to do the update?
huffy

Post by huffy »

After a couple more tries, the update downloaded on my MAC and now installed on the car, not driven it yet but don't expect to see any changes.

PeteW
My car is the plug in hybrid, so I have the car turned on in electric mode "Ready". Only problem in doing it this way is that after 10 minutes it drops out of "Ready" and has just "ignition on", so I have to "start" the car again. I did question this behaviour in a post when I first got the car, but received no replies.
For me this update took about 30 minutes.
Grandland X Hybrid 4

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post