Stop / Start issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
new2GLX

Post by new2GLX »

I’ve have read about the new Kuga, but they seem to have come clean with customers. Interesting that other ford models have issues. My partner had a focus 1.0 ecoboost for 3 years from new (2017 to 2020] and the stop / start never missed a beat. Perhaps I need to stop looking at new cars and search the classic car sites for something more reliable!
Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2 in black
Been buying Vauxhall’s since 1987

Valer

Post by Valer »

GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 12:53 pm Mine still doesn't work. I have not bothered any further with it.
Have you seen the list of reasons for a start/stop not to work ? it's amazing it ever works at all
mind you it's a bonus in my book,it saves turning it off every journey
Retired Vx Tech,currently drives an Astra K 1.0t SRi
Diagnostic Equipment, Drewtech Mongoose Pro GM2 running GDS2,Opcom 200603
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Valer wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 4:10 pm
GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 12:53 pm Mine still doesn't work. I have not bothered any further with it.
Have you seen the list of reasons for a start/stop not to work ? it's amazing it ever works at all ;) Yh :D even with all of those taken into consideration still doesn't work
mind you it's a bonus in my book,it saves turning it off every journey :)
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

Why do people bother to use S/S (when it works) anyways? First thing I do is always switch it off. Personally I find it to be the most annoying and useless feature ever created.
new2GLX

Post by new2GLX »

Having purchased a vehicle with stop / start, I expect the feature which I’ve paid for, to work as expected. When it works it can be turned off. I have no confidence in the future of electric vehicles by GM/PSA if they can’t resolve a stop/start issue in current vehicles.
Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2 in black
Been buying Vauxhall’s since 1987
nigelbrooks

Post by nigelbrooks »

new2GLX wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:20 pm I’ve have read about the new Kuga, but they seem to have come clean with customers. Interesting that other ford models have issues. My partner had a focus 1.0 ecoboost for 3 years from new (2017 to 2020] and the stop / start never missed a beat. Perhaps I need to stop looking at new cars and search the classic car sites for something more reliable!

They really didn't have a lot of choice as the cars were going into limp mode with glaring messages of check now popping up.
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

new2GLX wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:03 pm Having purchased a vehicle with stop / start, I expect the feature which I’ve paid for, to work as expected. When it works it can be turned off. I have no confidence in the future of electric vehicles by GM/PSA if they can’t resolve a stop/start issue in current vehicles.
Oh yeah completely agree if something is there then it should work. After all it's been paid for but still, even when working, why do some people use it? I hate it so much. Had it on a few cars and cannot stand it on any of them.

As for GM/PSA electric cars... It's hard to say. Electric cars are still new technology and whilst some are better than others, it'll take a while to perfect the technology, no matter the brand.

I personally don't think I'll ever get an electric car until normal ones are completely banned. At the moment you pay a bunch more money for an electric car and still have the same running costs whilst being restricted to short travel and then by having to find a charger. Petrol stations are everywhere, chargers aren't.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I have had a stop/start issue since purchasing my Grandlandx some three years ago.
It has only worked a handful of times, and am now use to it not working.
I have given up speaking to Vauxhall Customer Services and the Dealership.

I wonder, is this an issue in later model Grandlandx which dont have as many electrical features on them.

I think Vauxhall are fully aware of this issue, loads of forum members have contacted them......its a case of burying their head in the sand, hoping the issue will go away.........
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

It seems some manage to get it resolved with a battery change others it needs new parts. I might try again before the warranty runs out. I had a new battery it work then stopped again.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
spiro

Post by spiro »

Grandland X68, if you have the car in for a service get them to check the capacitor on the starter motor to see if it is faulty. It would be good to know if it fixes the problem. It could be that Vauxhall are aware of the fix but don't want a massive bill for new starter motors or am I being cynical.
2019 Grandland X Tech Line Nav 177PS Diesel Automatic with the all road pack

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post