Engine Fault Repair Needed

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Johnhughes13

Post by Johnhughes13 »

Hi everyone, I have a Vauxhall Grandland X 2019, when I started driving it this morning I noticed that I was getting reduced power. Once I started to get up to speed (around 40-50mph) I got the Engine Fault Repair Needed warning, solid amber Spanner.

It's of course due its MOT and Service next month.

Just wondering if any of you have some ideas of what this might be, some things I could try tinker about with myself or if you think it's FUBAR, any and all advice much appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

John, a p'd off car owner :lol:

Valer

Post by Valer »

You've got to start with a fault code read,preferably with a decent scanner,
as it stands it could be any one of a hundred things
Retired Vx Tech,currently drives an Astra K 1.0t SRi
Diagnostic Equipment, Drewtech Mongoose Pro GM2 running GDS2,Opcom 200603
Rita231

Post by Rita231 »

I have a Grandland X turbo I put my car into it's diagnostics next Friday as I've got oil pressure warning light and the car is going into limp mode every few yards. It's losing power when I try to drive it. I've raised a complaint with vauxhall who say that they may be able to help repair it if not I'm totally screwed I only brought the car for a lot of money 1 year and 3 months ago. I cong know if it's the wet belt issue sensor issues or engine issues it's had a full service and my mechanic says there was bits in the very dirty oil. Honestly I'm in a rock and hard place as the car shouldn't be going wrong one year after I brought it from a main Vauxhall dealership. Keep me posted.
Rita231

Post by Rita231 »

Lots going wrong with these cars the grandland x and crosslands 2018 onwards.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post