Boot 12v Socket

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
wingman

Post by wingman »

Having recently got a new Grandland GS was a little disappointed to find some of the penny pinching things that have happened since the original GS spec. These include no seat release levers in boot, no foglamps, only one 12v power socket etc.
My biggest gripe is that there is no 12v socket in the boot now. The blanking plug is there and I had assumed the wiring/plug would exist behind the boot panel on the nearside. So I purchased the required socket and this morning removed the blanking plug, boot light and the blanking plate for the seat release levers only to discover (or not) that I cannot see any evidence of any spare plug for the socket or any wiring. Does anyone on the forum know different? Will I need to wire back to the fuse box to get the required power source which will be a right faff and also does anyone know where I can obtain the correct plug for the new socket?

Andy-H

Post by Andy-H »

If you are feeling confident, there is a couple of fuses behind the nearside panel in the boot.
One or both have a permant live feed, that can feed what you want via an additional in line fuse.
I used one to feed the trailer lights.
Its not an easy job getting the panel off, as you have to remove several bits before prising it off its clips.
wingman

Post by wingman »

Thanks for that. May well give that a go. Otherwise there are some fuses underneath the glovebox (4 positions with one unfused and spare) that can be got at without too much hassle. I can just about see a route for a cable from the rear socket position to them. If I can get that rear panel off then happy days!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post