Automatic 2018 Vauxhall Grandland x near side mirror fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Thomasbarnard76

Post by Thomasbarnard76 »

This car has been passed down by my dad and he was the first and only owner before me. The near side mirror doesn’t seem to work properly, when I put the car into reverse the offside mirror adjusts but near side never will and now when I lock the car the mirrors come in, and offside when I unlock it stays how it should but the near side kicks out so I need to readjust the mirror everytime I use it.

Does anyone have any ideas what it might be? And what I should do? Is it just the motor? Or something else?

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Thomasbarnard76 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:39 pm This car has been passed down by my dad and he was the first and only owner before me. The near side mirror doesn’t seem to work properly, when I put the car into reverse the offside mirror adjusts but near side never will and now when I lock the car the mirrors come in, and offside when I unlock it stays how it should but the near side kicks out so I need to readjust the mirror everytime I use it.

Does anyone have any ideas what it might be? And what I should do? Is it just the motor? Or something else?
Hello Thomasbarnard76 and Welcome to the Forum.

It sounds like the Motor maybe failing. It could have been caught or damaged.
Have you tried pulling the mirror out manually ? as far as it can go and then return it. Doing this does it feel loose or not quite right.
Can you see any damage to the mirror casing etc?
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post