Tyre pressure light

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Grahamo

Post by Grahamo »

The tyre pressure is correct as recommended 32psi. The tyre light comes on ( red light ) after driving for 25 mins to 70 mins. Driving short distances no warning light. I check the tyres before driving and when the light comes on I’ve stopped and checked the tyre pressure and they’ve increased to 35 - 36 psi. I know the tyres will get warmer when driven and tyre pressures will therefore increase but this seems a big increase. Since the tyre pressures are increasing by the same amount in each tyre I would have thought the tyre pressure light would stay off as the tyres are effectively the same circumference/diameter. Thanks

Sk2005

Post by Sk2005 »

I have a motability car and the low tyre pressure warning light needs to be reset frequently. I did have a puncture day after I got the car. Kwikfit replaced the trye.

Kwikfit has reset the light over 15 times but it still comes on after a day. Vauxhall have done a several checks and didn't find any errors with the system.

What could be causing the problem?
Grahamo

Post by Grahamo »

No idea why it happens. I stop check the pressures and there's no big difference between them. I just reset. Short local journeys it seems fine.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post