Android Auto

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Eddy8757

Post by Eddy8757 »

I've tried three different Android phones, and not one of them will connect to my vehicle. I've anabled Andoid Auto on my phones, and also on the car, but absolutely nothing happens!

Can anyone give any help/advice? It must be something silly that I'm not doing?

Regards
Eddy

jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

Is the phone connected to Bluetooth as well as cable?
Eddy8757

Post by Eddy8757 »

Yes it's connected to Bluetooth as well as the USB cable - Should I disable Bluetooth? That would sound strange to me, but I've run out of hair to pull out with this damned car!!

Regards
Eddy
Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

To use the Android Auto on the car's screen you need a good Data cable, as most cheap ones are only charge cables and thus will not do anything with the AA. And no you do not need to disable BT on the phone
Topaz Blue (MY2018) Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2t - The last owner ticked most of the extras boxes 8-) 8-)
Eddy8757

Post by Eddy8757 »

HOORAY!!! A new USB data cable and Android Auto now works! :)

The only thing I have to sort now is that it comes up with a message saying "Google Maps needs location access. When it's safe, go to Location settings on your phone and allow access for maps" - Location access is turned on everywhere I can find it in my phone, but there's nothing that specifically says "Maps", has anyone any ideas?

Regards
Eddy

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post