Possible gear selector fault?

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Dav1959

Post by Dav1959 »

Good afternoon

About six weeks ago i bought a GX manual. with 21000 and 2.5 years old.. Two weeks later i reversed out of a parking spot then selected Ist and tried to pull away but the car reversed. I placed it back in neutral then Ist gear but the car would only reverse. After three attempts i tried 2nd gear, but again it would reverse. I placed the parking brake on and got out the car to see how close i was to the car behind me, then got back in and placed it in first and it pulled away no problem. Yesterday, i reversed into a parking spot, but when i went pull away and drive off the car done exactly the same as before. A fellow motorist got out of his car and pushes me away from the fence i was getting to close too then i selected Ist for the 4th time and the car pulled away no problem. The other motorist who watched was amazed by what it was doing. The gear box and selector feel absolutely fine with no slack or noise but can any one give me an idea whats going on please. The car is going back to the dealer on Monday for a check, but i know it will work fine, making me seem stupid. and not sure what i should expect the dealer to do about it. The car is not from a Vauxhall dealership.

Thanks for any feedback
Dave

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hey Dav1959

I would say if its a intermittant issue the best way to show the dealership is to try and get a video of the issues when it happens as you the chances are it will be fine when it goes in to be checked.
Its quiet hard to say what the issue could be.
Do you find the car plays up when its cold vs when the car is hot?
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Dav1959

Post by Dav1959 »

Thanks so much for your reply mate. Yeah, i took it back to the dealer and like you say and expected the car functioned faultlessly, so ill video it if/when it does it again. The car had run about 12 miles so should have been warmed up when it occurred the first time, but was fairly cold the second time.

Thanks again
Dave
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

👍🏻
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post