Grandland X Automatic - Bouncy / jumpy gears?

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Samskihero

Post by Samskihero »

Hey Everyone.
Currently driving a Grandland X Elite, 2019 1.2L. auto.

I've had the car for roughly 5 months and I really can't tell if I'm just starting to notice these things as I've gotten much more used to the car or if these are actual things I need to bring up with my dealer, I don't want to put in the hassle for issues that are not issues.
One of the biggest things I remember when driving an automatic Crossland on rent and my Grandland X when I received it was how much I just never knew what gear I was in because the gear changes were just so smooth, I loved the ride quality coming as a new driver who literally only past their test 6 months ago.
Currently, it kind of feels like I'm driving a manual again and I'm a bit heavy on the clutch. within gears 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

While my driving experience is arguably still very good I wanted to list issues I've felt below to see if anyone else has the same, and if any raise major red flags, Appreciate any advice.

Major
  • Cold Start going from 1st to 2nd sometimes you can actually feel quite a substantial jolt, this is the biggest one that feels serious, It's very inconstant however.
  • Cold Start going from 1st to 2nd sometimes you can hear the engine revs spike as if the throttle isn't being let go in time for the gear change.
  • Sometimes the switch between 2nd, 3rd is a bit bouncy feeling.
  • Driving slowly at 2nd 17-19mph with 5-15% throttle, when entering 3rd gear sometimes the car goes back to 2nd then back to 3rd as it gets confused.
  • Strolling at 2nd gear going slow with 5-15% throttle, you feel to car kinda choke and chugs a bit as the engine sounds kinda Yoyo's (Inconsistent but noticed prominently when going over speed bumps.)
  • Being in 2nd gear and adding even a light amount of throttle the car feels kinda bouncy when the power goes through the car.
  • Throttle Lag feels like it's almost getting worse.
Minor
  • Without aircon on you can hear a slight scraping noise from the engine every 1-2 seconds constantly when at idle, once AC is on it does seem to disappear, however.
  • Start Stop has worked but never seems to work anymore even after long 2hr journeys, Battery was reported at 87% from Halfords.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post