Primacy 3 Tyres

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Macca

Post by Macca »

My mate has just replaced the two front tyres on his Peugeot 3008. They were Michelin 205 55 r19 Primacy that had done over 25,000 miles and according to the tyre shop we’re good for at least another 2,000 miles if it weren’t for a sidewall puncture in one of them.

MJC_Grandland

Post by MJC_Grandland »

I have also experienced excessive rear tyre wear with my 69 plate Grandland Hybrid X on 19 inch rims.
    First set of Michelin Primacy 3 only lasted about 8,000 (with a lot of wear on the outside edge); Dealer suggested I'd run them underinflated :roll: which surprisingly Vauxhall Fleet (the original owner) concurred with :x meaning the replacements were at my cost.
      I clearly continued to run them underinflated since the replacement set of Continental Premium Contact 6 (very little choice available at the time) only lasted a similar 8,000 or so but at least this time the wear was even across the tread. No comment from the Dealership when I suggested that a rear tyre life of 8,000 is a little excessive and what would their expectations be :!:
        3rd set for the rear Bridgestone Turanza are now at around 6,000 and are likely to last only 8,000 as well (albeit a cheaper tyre) so it's clear that my under inflation habit has not been cured ;)

The original Michelin Primacy 3 are still on the front wheels and should be good for a total mileage of 25,000 (possibly more).

Apart from this "feature" I've been happy with my Grandland Hybrid X
        ianwat23

Post by ianwat23 »

ImageI finally had my tyres changed last week and the tyre fitter suggested I get my tracking checked as the tyre condition was shocking. I went straight from him to kwickfit and had tracking checked and it was 100% accurate. I just think they must have a really high wear rate as the rear tyres were both around 3mm left.

0FD98F37-0DB9-4971-B9B4-C796126B9ED7.jpeg

427C44BD-9D38-476F-B264-629C5AEB2EA0.jpeg

huffy

Post by huffy »

Just thought I would give an old thread a bit of an update.

My Hybrid4 has just had its first MOT and all four tyres are now getting very low, they are the original Primacy 3s and have now done just over 19000 miles.
        I will change the back two very soon as they are more warn than the front and the fronts in a while.

One thing I find with the Hybrid4 is that it has a lot of torque at the back wheels if you push it at all, I think that's why my backs have warn quicker than the fronts, even though I tend not to dash about.

Still, I'm happy with 19000 miles.
        Grandland X Hybrid 4
        GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Thanks for the tyre update. Good to hear you still enjoying your Grandland.

Any idea which tyres your going to get next?
        Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
        Grandland Global Forum Moderator
        huffy

Post by huffy »

Looking at the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2, a little cheaper than the Primacy 3, but still look like a good tyre.
        Grandland X Hybrid 4
        GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Ok. Have you tried Asda Tyres they are good for comparison and booking also Black circles worth checking as cheaper than going straight into local branches.

Mine are 225/55/18 so not got as many options as my car has the INTELLIGRIP ADAPTIVE TRACTION control.
        Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
        Grandland Global Forum Moderator
        brucey

Post by brucey »

I have just replaced all four Primacy 3 with the same. Mileage is 19000 and I suspect those are the original tyres, I hadn't noticed but they were pretty bald at the back... Black circles had a special deal on them so 175 a corner all fitted which saved a 100 quid from my usual tyre shop.
        -
        Grandland Ultimate Nav 2020 Hybrid 4 :x
        Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

Just used Asda Tyres and they where the best quoted price and also the fitter was a mile from my house. just changed two tyres to the Uniroyal Rain Sport 5 mine are the 19" 235/50/19 and price was very competitive and included, fitting, disposal, balancing all included.
        Topaz Blue (MY2018) Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2t - The last owner ticked most of the extras boxes 8-) 8-)
        jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

Looking at new tyres soon. What are the rain sports like?

• You may also be interested in...
          Replies
          Views
          Last post