Electric Traction system fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

Anyone had this issue? I'm currently stuck 100 miles from home with this fault keeps coming up and car refuses to start.

2020 Grandland X Hybrid4

DSC_0667.JPG

Moss5

Post by Moss5 »

Breakdown call
Pressing the Black button (next to the SOS button),for more than 2 seconds connects you to a roadside assistance service provider.
Some can read the On-Board Diagnostics at the roadside. Most will trailer your car to a Vauxhall dealer.
I had the electric traction fault, but was able to drive home and later, to a Vauxhall repairer.
2020 Hybrid 4
jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

I eventually got the car home after the RAC took 4 hours to get to us. As usual, once the RAC arrived the car started and didn't show any errors. He plugged in his diagnosis computer and found about 30 fault codes.
The car was already booked into my local dealer on Monday for a software update so I asked them to look at this fault at the same time. Turns out the recommended fix for the fault I had was to update the cars software. Hopefully get the car back tomorrow as there were 16 modules that needed updating.
jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

Had the same error come up again, three weeks after the software was updated by my local dealer. Oddly like before the car is already booked in tomorrow to have a wiring harness replaced in the door. I'm really loosing faith in this car even though I love driving it when it works.
I've been driving for 25 years and so far broken down 5 times, 3 times have been in this car.
jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

Same error came up again today. This time it's been joined by "battery charge fault: stop the vehicle". Now waiting on the RAC to come and look at it which is estimated at 4.5hours!
Love the car but hate the unreliability
jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

After being without my car for 5 weeks I have been told it will now be ready next week. They are changing the high voltage charging module. I've owned the car for 4 months and 2 months of that (at various times) it's been with my local dealer being fixed. Hopefully now it will be fixed for good.
LosPaci

Post by LosPaci »

Hi jw021979,

I have been having the same issue VX had my car for 2 months and then told me nothing was wrong.
A week later I had the same problem and noticed that only happens when I drive by using the B (recouping energy) if I select this it will show the error after no long time.

Do you also use the B in your gear selector or does it happen in the normal Drive position?

Cheers
jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

I always use the B mode. I have had my car back now for a month and so far it's been great. Before it wouldn't always charge properly when plugged in, it would often stop charging at about a quarter or a third of a charge but now it charges properly every time. Other people who have had the fault have the 7kw charging option like mine which suggests that is also part of the problem.
Kallen711

Post by Kallen711 »

Hi any help here appreciated! sat in dealers after same msg been investigated twice now. Came to collect car in which they said no fault visible and gone to leave the dealers turned it on and its back-thankfully i didnt turn car off so they have seen it. They seem clueless? Any further info about this fault?
jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

I don't know how my dealer diagnosed the fault in the end but mine needed a high voltage charging module replacing to fix the problem. It was fixed on third attempt at finding the fault after a couple of attempts by updating the software. I know at one point my dealer spoke to Vauxhalls technical department for help.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post