Error Message - USB PROBLEM - Overvoltage detected

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
DASMac

Post by DASMac »

Hi, I hope someone can give me a clue what this might be before I may have to go to the dealer as they are not always very knowledgeable or helpful.

On average around 10 seconds after getting into my car the following error message appears, even if I haven't started the engine.

IMG_6861.jpg

(Sorry about the dust on the screen!)

Does anyone know what this message means and how to resolve it?

I don't have any USB devices plugged in and if I try plugging an iPhone in it is usually not detected and there is no charge coming through the socket. Very occasionally it will work,

I took it to a non-Vauxhall dealer who after a very quick look thought it was possibly a software issue but my worry is the the local Vauxhall dealer will tell me the infotainment system needs replacing...

Any help or advice would be gratefully received!

DASMac

Post by DASMac »

UPDATE - taken car to Vauxhall dealer who has never come across the problem before. After looking up error code they think it's the USB lead(s) directly from the infotainment system to the socket(s) which are faulty. Now ordered at a cost of £50 each.... no idea how long they will take to arrive. Watch this space!
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Thanks for the update.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Jerzy

Post by Jerzy »

Hi,

I only registered on this forum to reply to your post as I have exactly the same problem.
I have 2020 Corsa Elite Nav and my local Vauxhall dealer (Arnold Clark) have been battling this error for 3 months now. After numerous attempts and weeks left without the car they still don't know...
It all started from the software update which didn't help. Then they decided to replace USB looming (I saw it myself and this is a big loom of cables that USB loom is only part of) - no effect. Then it was time for infotainment unit - still error occurs. As of today I'm awaiting phone call from them after which they requested my car to be left with them for at tleast a week ( I suspect they will take it apart :D ).

Will give you an update after.
DASMac

Post by DASMac »

Hi Jerry,
did you ever get a resolution to this problem?
My dealer still hasn't even managed to get hold of the usb leads... 9 months and counting!
TYC

Post by TYC »

Hi, just picked up a 2022 Grandland and this has happened to me when I plug my iPhone in, strangely the wife’s iPhone doesn’t bring it up but she is on an older phone so I guess it must be a phone incompatibility issue. Not sure if the OP resolved his issue but I didn’t want to start a new thread with the same topic, has anyone had this issue and resolved it?
TYC

Post by TYC »

Problem solved, I bought a usb to usb c adaptor, discarded it and used a single lead. Sorted!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post