Error Message - USB PROBLEM - Overvoltage detected

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
DASMac

Post by DASMac » Mon May 09, 2022 4:36 pm

Hi, I hope someone can give me a clue what this might be before I may have to go to the dealer as they are not always very knowledgeable or helpful.

On average around 10 seconds after getting into my car the following error message appears, even if I haven't started the engine.

IMG_6861.jpg

(Sorry about the dust on the screen!)

Does anyone know what this message means and how to resolve it?

I don't have any USB devices plugged in and if I try plugging an iPhone in it is usually not detected and there is no charge coming through the socket. Very occasionally it will work,

I took it to a non-Vauxhall dealer who after a very quick look thought it was possibly a software issue but my worry is the the local Vauxhall dealer will tell me the infotainment system needs replacing...

Any help or advice would be gratefully received!

DASMac

Post by DASMac » Fri May 20, 2022 1:41 pm

UPDATE - taken car to Vauxhall dealer who has never come across the problem before. After looking up error code they think it's the USB lead(s) directly from the infotainment system to the socket(s) which are faulty. Now ordered at a cost of £50 each.... no idea how long they will take to arrive. Watch this space!

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 » Sat May 21, 2022 1:04 pm

Thanks for the update.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post