High Oil level

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
boyleD1

Post by boyleD1 »

Hi All

Looking for advice .my vauxhall grandland X full service history and seems to have high oil level

before the service it was high ,had the service and level was on the max mark

after 400 miles miles seems to be high above the max level

has anyone else seen this

also when taking off seems to have a growl from the engine its only done 21,000 miles

any ideas please

Tony211053

Post by Tony211053 »

Hi boyleD1

I am sorry if I am stating the obvious but is your car on level ground when you always check the oil level.
As for the engine growl when accelerating I see from a previous post your car is the 1.2 petrol as is mine (2019 Grandland Sports Nav 1.2 Auto) which has done 15000 miles and comes complete with a growl - I think this is normal for the 3 cylinder 1.2 petrol engine.

Hope this has helped a little.
Macca

Post by Macca »

Mine is a 1.2 auto elite Nav and has the growl!!! My son has a 1.0 eco boost Focus and that growls as well!!!
boyleD1

Post by boyleD1 »

Hi All

Thanks for the reply ,the car is level ,when I got the oil changed a month ago it came out the garage and I checked it
it was at max .
I have checked it since and it looks very thin but as its fully synthetic maybe look like that
seems to high
my concern was the growl because the oil was high and a more serious problem was there ,big end shells

the growl puts my mind at ease

I maybe stick it on the road and check there as I did check the last level on my drive

maybe be enough to let the oil forward

will keep you posted
only other way is to go back to the garage and ask them

thanks
boyleD1

Post by boyleD1 »

Hi All

if the oil level is high ,where would it be coming from as it does,nt have injectors or do the injectors sit in the head and has a seal failed

can anyone advise

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post