Heated steering wheel fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
ianwat23

Post by ianwat23 »

Has anybody else had their heated steering wheel turn off by itself?? It has gone of 5 times in less than 10mins sometimes when I re-press the button it won’t work if I press again it comes on. Also my heated seats aren’t as hot as they used to be either.
If you have had this fault how did you fix it
Cheers in advance

Macca

Post by Macca »

Nothing to do with being a guinea pig at the weekend??? 🤔
ianwat23

Post by ianwat23 »

Not that I know of. They only fitted the camera to the radio,as far as I know he hasn’t touched the wheel.
Macca

Post by Macca »

I thought there was some sort of programming happening?
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

I think you need to check what was done when your reversing camera was fitted as it sounds like it might of interfered with something if your now facing issues that you weren't before this was done.
It might be a coincidence but that would be my first check.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
ianwat23

Post by ianwat23 »

I disconnected the battery for an hour to power down the entire car yesterday. I’ve tried everything today and it all seems to be working 100%. The car must’ve had the system crash just at the time of the camera being installed, I didn’t think the lad had anything to do with it, as he hadn’t touched the steering wheel at all.
As I’m getting work done on the car I’m wanting to fit the auto distance cruise control fitted as I have everything already there and working from the factory except the button to switch that feature on. Would anybody know if you can just buy the steering wheel buttons or is it the full steering wheel only? I rang Vauxhall to get a quote but they will only do this if I have a vin number from a car with it already so they can check for me.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post