Cold draughts

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Chrisjvc100

Post by Chrisjvc100 »

Ok so I know the grandland isn’t known for its fantastic heating system but has anyone noticed when cruising at speed you get lots of cold air coming in the footwells? Not from the heaters but just underneath. And is it normal when you have the heating fans off that the front vents still let out cold air unless they are closed off?

GSS123

Post by GSS123 »

Hi,
I have put a post up introducing myself as I am looking at buying one.

The weird thing is, when I test drive it last week, I noticed an almighty draught too when driving at over 50mph.

I was going to go back again later today to drive it again and perhaps collect it, but I'm now in two minds.
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

Chrisjvc100 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:00 pm Ok so I know the grandland isn’t known for its fantastic heating system but has anyone noticed when cruising at speed you get lots of cold air coming in the footwells? Not from the heaters but just underneath. And is it normal when you have the heating fans off that the front vents still let out cold air unless they are closed off?
I very rarely had my fans completely off but when I did I also have noticed cold air coming in. It was a bit odd. The overall heating system in Grandland isn't the best in my opinion.

The 2 "face" / window vents on respective sides of the car barely worked even when fans were on full speed. Vauxhall dealer advised that's how they are and nothing can be done. Grandlands the dealer had in stock were exactly the same.

Also to this day I haven't figured out why when I set a temperature to let's say 22C, it would blow hot air for a few mins then constantly cold air. This however I suspect is just down to how a dual zone climate control works and personally I hate it. Think it should blow whatever temperature you set it to constantly until you lower it.