Grandland X Engine oil pressure fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Paul2022

Post by Paul2022 »

Noted previous threads regarding degrading timing belt.

This will be my experience as I have same issue.

2019 Grandland X - 57000 miles - 3 months remaining on warranty.

Intermittent “Engine oil pressure fault - Stop vehicle” and cutting out in transit.

Booked in to Arnold Clark today. Arrived this morning and service advisor on desk confirmed he was aware this being an issue, and he had booked in a few cars with same wet belt issue. (Interestingly, he mentioned he had only been working there over past few months)

I questioned the timing belt being a non warranty item and he advised there have been “special warranty allowances” given previously.

As I receive progress updates, I will keep forum updated.

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Thanks for letting us know.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Smithj

Post by Smithj »

I am having problems with my secondhand grandland x 2018 turbo model. We purchased from a citroen 5 months ago. We took out a warranty on purchase. Two weeks ago the car came up with a message saying engine fault and an orange spanner sign. As we were going to the garage anyway that day to book the service we mentioned this fault to one of the guys in the showroom - it was a Sunday and the service dept was closed. The guy came out and checked the car and said he thought it was just a service light as it had now gone. I was unable to leave the car as they had no courtesy cars as the keys are locked away on a weekend. We booked it for a service 2 weeks later and a look at why this message had shown up. I had not been happy to use the car and left it on the drive. On the day of service on starting the car it came up with a message ; low oil pressure and red stop. I called garage to say I needed to call,out rac who came and said wet belt ok no damage. But showed a code for emission problem. He test drove it to see if code reappeared and said it was roadworthy for me to drive 19 miles to the garage. I said I was not happy to do it was toed by rac. I get a call from Citroen who say it is wet belt problem and it now needs to go to Vauxhall but they can’t look at it for 10 days. From what I’m reading on your pages if it’s the worst scenario of wrecked engine where do I stand as to who should pay for what? The receptionist said something about a gesture payment - I don’t feel we should be asked for any money from Citroen or Vauxhall. I’ve got til 17 March before it’s looked at by Vauxhall. It has 28000 on the clock - automatic - advice please

0441FC30-E570-478E-BAE6-644428F3165B.jpeg

edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Best we can do right now is to share experiences of how dealers respond to these issues so we can all receive the fair and proper treatment across the board.
Jase
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Smithj

Post by Smithj »

Yes I would be interested to hear how other owners have been dealt with - at the moment I’m feeling like the warranty isn’t worth the paper it’s written on.
Lee20

Post by Lee20 »

It amazes me that we can evidence when our Grandland shows an engine management light take a picture of the display and ring the dealers who don’t see it as a problem and or no fault code is stored. Surely that’s a fault in its own right?
metro_mac

Post by metro_mac »

I have this same issue on our 19 plate Grandland X.
Car 3 years old 45k miles on the clock and out off warranty by 3 weeks. However when we bought it in 2020 we purchased an extended warranty with Evans Halshaw. Thanks goodness we did.

The car went into Evans Halshaw last week to have this issue looked at. We bought it from them and have a full service history with them.

Its the wet belt issue and wait for it......... ***NEW ENGINE REQUIRED***.

The warranty will cover the cost of this, the only issue is we are currently paying £15 a day yes A DAY for insurance on the courtesy car supplied by Evans Halshaw.

We think we may be without out car for a total of 3 weeks at the cost of £315 for courtesy car insurance. However I am about to call someone to claim this back and have a fight about it. Why should I be out of pocket for a well documented fault on the 1.2 Puretech Engine. The strange thing about all this is we had the same issue with our previous car.

We had a 2016 Peugeot 208 GT Line and this car died on us 1 week before xmas 1019 with the wet belt issue. We had a massive fight with Arnold Clark and Peugeot who did eventually pay for the repair. It was not a serious as a new engine that time, but the bill we had to pay then ( 1 week before xmas ) was £1500 initially then we claimed it back. It took Peugeot 5 months to give us a cheque but COVID may have delayed this.

Just thought I would share our experience this this issue. Evans Halshaw have been good with us, but the courtesy car insurance is a bit excessive. I will update you on the fight I will have to get them to pay for that.

Best of luck all !!
metro_mac

Post by metro_mac »

***UPDATE***
New engine required.
The warranty is picking up the cost for this, thankfully - however engines on backlog and could be a while before we get the car back on the road. Currently have a Crossland 22 plate as a courtesy car and Evans Halshaw charging us £15 a day (YES A DAY) for insurance on it. I am in dispute with the dealership about this. Why should I be out of pocket for a well known issue with these engines, why are they not recalling them. £15 a day is very excessive for insurance. Its already cost us £300 and its been in the garage 20 days with no end result in sight. I will update on the fight regarding the rip off insurance.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

metro_mac wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 10:38 am ***UPDATE***
New engine required.
The warranty is picking up the cost for this, thankfully - however engines on backlog and could be a while before we get the car back on the road. Currently have a Crossland 22 plate as a courtesy car and Evans Halshaw charging us £15 a day (YES A DAY) for insurance on it. I am in dispute with the dealership about this. Why should I be out of pocket for a well known issue with these engines, why are they not recalling them. £15 a day is very excessive for insurance. Its already cost us £300 and its been in the garage 20 days with no end result in sight. I will update on the fight regarding the rip off insurance.
Thanks for keeping us informed. Hopefully you get this all resolved soon.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Dave296

Post by Dave296 »

GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 10:49 am
metro_mac wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 10:38 am ***UPDATE***
New engine required.
Thanks for keeping us informed. Hopefully you get this all resolved soon.
Sorry to hear your problem with insurance charges. Have you enquired if your own insurance company covers a courtesy car. Mine does.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post