Problems with sensors

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
sweetmisery29f

Post by sweetmisery29f »

I have a Grandland X 2019 that has started throwing up errors that says "Left front door is open". And because it thinks the door is open it won't release the parking brake. When I manually release the parking brake it starts to sound an alarm and says I have to use the parking brake even when I'm driving. It also turns on the interior light and after I park the car it won't lock because "the door is open". There is nothing in between the door and the car, but this issue only happens when it's near zero or colder. It has happened about ten times now and then suddenly it stops. I took it to the dealer and they had never heard of it before. I think this is a sensor problem so could anyone please let me know where the door sensors are? Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Valer

Post by Valer »

The body control module (BCM) receives inputs from each of the door ajar switch signal circuits,the switches are integral to each door latch assembly.
The dealer has the software to check each door input signal to the BCM separately,did you have a diagnostic session
Retired Vx Tech,currently drives an Astra K 1.0t SRi
Diagnostic Equipment, Drewtech Mongoose Pro GM2 running GDS2,Opcom 200603
sweetmisery29f

Post by sweetmisery29f »

Thanks for your reply. No, they didn't do any diagnostics as the problem is intermittent and they said I have to come in when it's acting up if they are going to find the error code. I wonder if that really is true? Shouldn't they be able to see it regardless?