How many miles do you get out of the Hybrid in full electric mode?

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Unclecuddles

Post by Unclecuddles »

Got my Grandland X Hybrid4 back after it had been in the garage for a couple of weeks following its 12 month service and recall/fixes (which caused a fault which they still haven't fixed). Anyway, when I got it back and put it on a full charge it only had an electric range of 14 miles which is the lowest its ever been (was 25 miles before the service). It's now settled at around 16 miles. I appreciate its winter and all that but the weather has been fairly mild and was probably about the same temperature before the service, so I am wondering what has changed?

How many electric miles does everyone else get from a full charge?

huffy

Post by huffy »

During the summer I could get up to 40 miles range on a full charge, this is driving carefully. Now I'm lucky to get over 20 miles, lowest so far has been 18 miles.
The temperature really does make an enormous difference with the Plug in Hybrids, I saw a chart on a different forum showing expected range at different speeds and temperatures and it makes a real difference.
Also, as I'm sure you know, driving style makes an enormous difference, if the Power gauge is out of the green at all you're driving too fast! But you will be driving particularly slowly if you do keep it in the green.
If the car showed a range of 14 miles when you picked it up, could it be that it was taken for a test drive and not driven particularly economically? Again as you may well know it will base expected range on previous driving style.
Grandland X Hybrid 4
brucey

Post by brucey »

At 21 miles earlier this week. Now at 22 with the warm spell! @huffy if you can find that chart it would be very handy to see. Looking forward to 40 in the summer!

I am pretty sure the car calculates range based on driving style, and usually garages rag the car. Friend of mine's son had a GPS tracker on his car to monitor his speed to get cheap insurance. Took it down to Qwik fit to get some new tyres fitted, Fitter 'tested' the car and he got a call from the insurer to complain about his driving speed! I guess when we all have speed limiters fitted (which is due to kickoff this June in the the UK for new models).. it won't be a problem!!
-
Grandland Ultimate Nav 2020 Hybrid 4 :x
Mal70

Post by Mal70 »

I've had my grandland hybrid for about 2 months. I charge it using a 3 pin plug at home or at work. The first 4 or 5 charges it showed 34 miles range. The last 6 or 7 charges it is only giving me 18 miles. The car is 2 years old. I have it booked in to be looked at because apparently there is a recall on the ECM. They said they will look into the battery situation. I'll let you know. 🤞
brucey

Post by brucey »

Mal70 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:53 pm I've had my grandland hybrid for about 2 months. I charge it using a 3 pin plug at home or at work. The first 4 or 5 charges it showed 34 miles range. The last 6 or 7 charges it is only giving me 18 miles. The car is 2 years old. I have it booked in to be looked at because apparently there is a recall on the ECM. They said they will look into the battery situation. I'll let you know. 🤞
Thanks @Mal70 would be good to know 🤞 My mileage has now got to 28 today just now because its warm outside. You might be in a chilly part of the country, up a mountain!?

In practice over the last week my other half has driven 14 miles a day commuting and has about 7 miles 'in the tank' on return, so the estimate seems to be reasonably accurate - I've noticed as the weather gets warmer she has more miles left ...
-
Grandland Ultimate Nav 2020 Hybrid 4 :x
huffy

Post by huffy »

After some searching I found the chart again. I believe this applies to the Pug 3008 Hybrid, which I understand to be very similar to our cars.
Have a search for their forum, they really do have some problems, considering they are similar cars.
My range has started to creep up again, now showing around 24 miles range, but managed to get about 30 miles on electric a few days ago.

Peugeot 3008.jpeg

Grandland X Hybrid 4
Mal70

Post by Mal70 »

Took my grandland to Thurlow Nunn in Luton. They say driving style is a major factor in the amount of miles you get for a full charge. They did some road tests and can now get 24 mile range. Apparently this is not covered by warranty so they are charging me £120 + vat for 1 hour of labour. When I tried to call them you can never get through to the service department you have to go via sales. They are a joke. This is the only Vauxhall dealership near me the rest are miles away. I bought my car more than 100 miles from where I live but I would rather take it there for any future needs. I will definitely give Thurlow Nunn a very wide berth. There customer service is shocking.
mcalleran

Post by mcalleran »

Hi, I have a 2020 Grandland X Hybrid. The countdown on available miles of battery remaining has screwed up. From 31 miles to go it goes down to 29, from 21 it goes down to 19, from 11 it goes down to 9 - always missing out numbers ending in 0. Bristol Street Motors claims this is a "characteristic of a Vauxhall Grandland X Hybrid", but I'm not happy with that answer. Does this happen to anyone else?
jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

I'm sure mine goes down in increments if 1. Sometimes it skips a number.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post