How can you listen to the radio when the engine is off?

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
GaryFrost

Post by GaryFrost »

I have only managed to listen to the radio for 4 minutes before the ECO mode turns off the power. I’ve tried turning the engine on and then off to de-activate it but four minutes later off it goes again. Surely you can listen to the radio for a bit with the engine off while you’re waiting for something?

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

HI GaryFrost and Welcome to the Forum.

I am afraid this is the only way to play the radio when the car is off its there to stop the car not having enough charge to start.
The time frame for the radio will depend I believe depend on the charge status as well.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
ianwat23

Post by ianwat23 »

I had the same problem with mine. I went back to Vauxhall to get battery checked as the stop start didn’t work either. After 3 trips they finally admitted a faulty battery and the battery control module was not reading the correct voltages, so they reset the battery module and replaced the battery. Since then the stop start works every time is should and I can listen to about 15-20 minutes of radio before it goes into eco mode. If I was you I’d take it back under warranty as the dealers know it’s a common fault.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post