Battery warning light

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Cargo42

Post by Cargo42 »

Good morning to all. I have a Grandland X Jan 19 plate Auto 1.2 which I am enjoying. Problem cropped up yesterday. A red battery warning light came on together with a red stop sign also came up. Stopped the car and waited for a while and restarted and all appears fine. I will get a diagnostic check ASAP but has anyone had a similar issue and how was it resolved? I might add that the car is overdue for a service, have the Orange spanner light showing, and is booked in early next month. Have visually checked the belts and all seems fine, maybe it’s the battery itself or alternator but hopefully the check will reveal the problem. Would appreciate any comments. Safe and enjoyable driving to all.

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Cargo42 The car might of had a issue and now you have turned it off and back on it seems fine I would keep on eye on it but if its not come back on since it might of resolved itself. It may have a fault code stored on the system if you get the garage to look at it.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Cargo42

Post by Cargo42 »

Hi GrandlandX68, many thanks for your comments. As you suggested, I will be keeping a watchful eye on the warning lights. Also the local garage was able, at short notice, to check the battery etc. The alternator is kicking out almost 15v and the battery is holding somewhere in the region 12+v so all appears well but we’ll get the main dealer to double check at next service in a few weeks time. Another factor is that almost all my journeys recently have been short and the opinion is that a journey will help to revitalise the battery. Anyway, many thanks for your comments and will update in due course. Safe driving.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post