Turbo Whistle

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Groovyblues

Post by Groovyblues »

I’m just wondering….

Does anyone else get a fair bit of turbo whistle when putting your foot down in the 1.2 petrol? Doesn’t appear to whistle at the same revs with little throttle.

Engine is much quieter than previous cars, it’s also my first turbo petrol, previous diesels didn’t whistle as loudly as this. So it could just be me overreacting!

Curious to see if anyone else has the same experience and if I should worry about it or not?

Thanks,

A

Russell B

Post by Russell B »

Hi groovyblues,
I have the 1.2 also, I do find when I put my foot down I get a bit of turbo whistle but not excessive and obviously when I take my foot off it disappears, maybe check the inlets for leaks or if they need tightening, other than that I think a trip to your local vauxhall garage is needed.
Hope this helps,
Stay safe.
Russell B and Martha ( my Grandland x )
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Groovyblues

My car does the same as Russell B one so as he advises it might be worth getting your car booked in if your concerned its excessive.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Groovyblues

Post by Groovyblues »

Thanks both for your input.

The trouble is, I’m really not sure if it’s excessive or not. I’ll try and do a bit more digging, it looks like the turbo is fairly easy to get to, but I’ll have a proper look later after work.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

👍. Keep us informed how you get on.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post