Interior Temperature / Heating

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

Good morning everyone.

I've had my Grandland for well almost a year now and there's one thing that drives me absolutely crazy; the heating.

If you have a car with normal heating, you'll set the dial to either warm or cold and it'll blow that out until you change it or switch it off. Simple.

In my Grandland I have the dual zone climate control. I will set my temperature to e.g. 21C and it'll blow warm air for maybe 4 mins, not enough to heat the car up and then it'll constantly blow cool air. Why? Is this a "feature" of this car or the dual climate control?

If I set my temperature to X, I want air of that temperature blowing, not have the car say its been set to X but behind the scenes change it to Y.

I am genuinely scared of cold weather this winter because I know for a fact I'll set the temp to something warm but it'll blow cold air after few mins. Sure the heated steering wheel and seats will help but that's not a solution.

Any help and advice is much appreciated.

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

HI Vayerr

I have never had any issues with the dual climate control that you are describing so it doesn't sound like this is a feature more like a fault.
Does it do this on highest heat setting? or does it stay hot when this happens? Is it just a certain temperature it does it on?
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

Hey,

To be honest I don't know. I haven't tried every single setting and never went all the way to max. I know that for example if I increase by 1 or 2 degrees it stays the same (or i don't notice any difference). If I increase it by a bit more, from maybe 19 to 25 then it is warmer but again, only for a couple of mins.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

It sounds like there is fault then as never had any issues with mine. I have not tried all the settings either but I have changed mine and it stays at that correct temperature until I change it again.
It might be worth setting it to max on full heat just to see if you have the same problem as it might be at certain temperatures your unit has an issue.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

So now that the weather is getting colder here in the North especially in the evening before work and mornings after, I have tried to test it a little further.

This is the temp being increased slightly during the drive rather than start a cold engine and just blast the heat up to one of the temps below.

After 5 mins of driving.
19C - Cool/Luke warm air for approx. 2 mins
21C - Warm air for approx. 10 mins
22C - Luke warm air for approx. 5 mins
24C - Very warm air for approx. 5 mins (and me feeling like I'm in Hawaii)
22C - Cold air until I stopped driving (5 mins?)

I didn't go any higher than 24C because I'd probably pass out from the heat. It was super hot in the car, it was dark and I was tired after a night shift. Besides I didn't have much of a drive left.

I really don't know what to make of this. After a few mins the temp is still set to what I set it to (both on the dial and the Infotainment screen) but the car decides to gradually decrease the temp of the air being blown out.

Screenshot_20211001-002344_Chrome.jpg

Tringy

Post by Tringy »

Hi just had car in for service because spanner came up on dash was told by Tony levoi Romford not to drive so I got the RAC out they plugged their laptop in and found 46 codes on it they managed to delete most except for 2 starter and universal serial bus code B1506 that had tobe done at dealers so when it's in the dealers ask them to find out why my feet are cold and rest of me is roasting and stp start not working again anyway after a few days,picked car up was told the reason drivers side heater is not as powerful is because it was made for the German Market I.e left hand drive had a new starter fitted they told me the stop start is now working I have had it back 4 days and still not working phoned them back waiting for them to get technical involved
Won't be buying vauxhall again it's a 2018 1.2 grandland x
2018 1.2 auto sport nav topaz blue, panoramic roof, mud flaps,3rd party reversing camera.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post