Grandland X front door trim assembly

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
kk333

Post by kk333 »

Hi Guys,

I've ran into a wild animal crossing the road (or he ran into me) and the passanger door lower trim got dented. I ordered a new one but I'm not sure how to put it on the door. I'm leaving town soon and I simply do not have the time to wait for service (in my country, it may take a week or so to get a reservation to the official dealer service). Would any of you know how to assembly the door trim or / and have a guide for it? I seems simple, like just pushing it in place, but I also see some screws and I don't know if it may require taking down the door face from the interios.

Many thanks

Valer

Post by Valer »

This should give you a good idea what you need to do

Untitled picture.png

Note : The part and surface temperature should be at 21°C (70°F) prior to installation. The vehicle temperature should remain at 21°C (70°F)
for one hour after assembly to allow adhesive to develop sufficient bond strength
1 Front Side Door Lower Moulding Nut [2x]
2 Front Side Door Lower Molding Retainer [12x]

Procedure
1. Use a sharp edged plastic trim tool to separate the adhesive tape.
2. Remove the remaining adhesive tape from the vehicle.
3. If reusing the front side door lower moulding remove the remaining adhesive tape on the moulding.
4. Apply the primer to all attaching surfaces on the vehicle. PR03
5. If reusing the front side door lower moulding, apply primer PR03 to all attaching surfaces.
6. If reusing the front side door lower moulding apply new adhesive tape AD04 to the moulding
Retired Vx Tech,currently drives an Astra K 1.0t SRi
Diagnostic Equipment, Drewtech Mongoose Pro GM2 running GDS2,Opcom 200603
Gomoca

Post by Gomoca »

Obrigado!
Even though it's been 2 years, this picture is very useful to me. My rear door trim lower moulding is slightly loose (I noticed it when closing the door!) and I didn't know how to remove it without ruining anything ;)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post