Massive battery drain

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
ianwat23

Post by ianwat23 »

I’ve had my 68 plate grandland x sport nav in to dealers a few times for no stop start and eco message on display. I was told the battery was fine just needed recharging as it haven’t used it enough(even though I do) the said the battery module had a problem and had to reflash the software which had fixed it. The had the battery on charge all day, yet when they unplugged the charger the battery failed. I had to leave it overnight to get a new battery fitted under warranty.
I got the car back and Athena stop start worked brilliantly up until yesterday morning when it didn’t work at all. I went to start it later and the dashboard was lighting up with fault after fault and the car wouldn’t start. I used my boost pack to start the car which it eventually did but I had radar faults brake faults and more. I took it down to the dealers again who had it in for an hour and a half and couldn’t get the battery to charge or plug the diagnostic into it. I had to leave it last night and was promised a call today about the car and arranging a courtesy car which they claimed they didn’t have. I left it till 4 today and finally got through to be told there is a massive drain which won’t allow the battery to keep its power. They said my led interior lights were removed as they thought it was them???? It wasn’t. They now say they have to remove each module one by one to see what is causing the drain.
Sorry for the long story but I would like to know if anybody else has had a similar fault and what was done to fix it.
I still don’t have a courtesy car and was told by the dealers to phone main Vauxhall call centre so they can arrange a hire car for me.
Thanks in advance for any replies.
Ian

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post